Thread: Photo tagging in Facebook is a Privacy nightmare

Photo tagging in Facebook is a Privacy nightmare

I just hate people doing things with no permission. I don't know a particular person who might not be upset if somebody, even a buddy takes their photo album and displays that many random people devoid of their permission. But facebook consider that this is acceptable for casual people to go around tagging you within photos therefore every one of their friends will make out what you look like. It is similar to placing your Photo ID on internet. The most horrible element is that facebook provides you no method to stop it except to spend hours separately clicking on each pictures and by hand clicking "Remove Tag" link. I do not want facebook to remove this from their site. I just want that they should give some option to put it off if we want.

Re: Photo tagging in Facebook is a Privacy nightmare

Privacy promoters are up in arms above Facebook's fresh facial recognition technology to assist their friend’s labels within the photos on Facebook but is it actually a privacy nightmare? The main difficulty through the new feature is that, Facebook has opted for every users by default, in place of permitting you to select if Facebook digitally scanning the face. EU watchdogs are looking for privacy in the matter to see if it conflicts with the privacy rules. Security firm Sophos said the facial recognition feature "feels like Facebook is eroding the online privacy of its users."

Facebook absolutely be supposed to allow the users choose to use the function instead of opt-out, and there is no doubt that the giant social networks tend to filter user information as well. However, tagging photos is somewhat that Facebook is the restriction that you and people who are connected in Facebook. There should be a summary of what Facebook is doing, what the limitations are and how to prevent it if you do not like.

Each time you upload to Facebook, facial recognition technology can identify people in the picture suggest that it can be. You can then confirm the assumption Facebook and get through labeling a large number of photos much faster. This feature is close to what you find in a lot of desktop applications similar to Google Picasa as well as iPhoto from Apple. The biggest difference seems to be that the database to detect and label pictures clearly lies in the Facebook servers and not sitting on your computer.

I am agree with all the above posts but I would like to tell you that Facebook also places limits on what you can perform with facial recognition technology, you will be able to just tag photos of people who are associated in Facebook. Every time you label someone, notifying them that have been tagged and you can choose to remove the label if they wish. As always, you and your friends can also remove the labels on the photos at a later date with a simple click on "Remove label" under the photo.

In typical Facebook, the company has buried these privacy settings as deep as he could, and certainly feels like Facebook is purposely making it harder to find. Anyway, here is a step by step guide to get there. Click Account in the upper right corner of the Facebook home page and select Privacy Settings from the menu.

This opens a pop-up with a default message that says "Please take out every picture rundown information connected with my account which could be utilized to build proposal for pictures." You can include your own message, or if you are happy with the automatic message from Facebook, you can just hit "OK" and you're done. I have not tried this process myself, so I cannot say whether Facebook will try to contact you later and ask them to reconsider.