Thread: How to turn off the popup blocker on Google chrome

How to turn off the popup blocker on Google chrome

Hello everyone I am having a Windows XP pc. I had a bit issue with popup blocker here. I had upgraded to a new version. I am visiting my college site. After login I have some videos to see. When I click on that I am getting a message that popup blocker is enabled due to which the video can't be played. I had tried various steps here to fix this thing but it is not working. Can anyone help me to turn this thing off.

Once the pop-up is blocked by the browser you will see a tiny alert icon on the address bar. You just have to click on it to see what is b locked and you can also allow the link from that. You will also get a option to allow popup from specific website. I think turning it off is not a solution. There can be many popups which will irritate you when you visit any website. Just click on that tiny icon and add the link under exception.

You can do that more easily from the settings panel. Just click on the same. You can access the settings menu from the top right. Go in Advance settings in that and click on Privacy. Then you have to click on Content Settings. There you can find the pop-up section. Click on that and then click on manage exceptions. That's it. You can add links of your choice in the same to allow or disallow popups.