Thread: How to transfer bookmarks from Internet Explorer to Safari?

How to transfer bookmarks from Internet Explorer to Safari?

I have brought a new Apple MAC book. I want to send all my favorites and the bookmarks from my old PC to my new MAC book. So when I try to save my bookmarks from my old Pc it saves as a favoriteplaces.pfc. And when I try to open this file in my MAC safari doesn’t open pfc files. I don’t know how to change the format of my pfc files. Is there any better way so that I can get my bookmarks from my old Pc to new MAC?

Re: How to transfer bookmarks from Internet Explorer to Safari?

You can easily import your favorites from the Internet Explorer. All you need to do is just go into the IE browser and from File select the Import and Export favorites. Select any of the either option of import or export bookmarks from there and you will be able to import/export your bookmarks. After doing so you can just import the favorite from the browser that you want. For example Safari, Opera, Firefox, etc.

For the first time when you install your safari browser, the bookmarks and favorites from your other browser will be automatically imported. It only imports from the Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer or from the Mozilla Firefox. If you are using any other browser other than Netscape or IE or Mozilla Firefox, then you will have to just drag the links from your old browser to the new browser in bookmarks view.

I was also having the same problem but when I click on the “Import Favorites option from IE” was not working on my Safari. I tried it but only some of the bookmarks were imported that included bookmarks related to Apple, such as Apple store. I even tried to put my older version of IE and then tried to export it but that was also failed. I had made a lots of search on the google to find out a way to import it, but I dint get any conclusion.

There is a best way to transfer all bookmarks and favorites from your old browser to new Safari browser. You can do this in few simple steps. Just open your Internet Explorer browser and from file menu select the “Import/Export” option from the list. When your process gets started, select “Export Favorites” from it and click on next. By this your file can be exported to your desired location. Copy the file from your old PC to MAC either by removable disk or by mailing it. When you get a file to the MAC, you can easily add the Favorite to Safari. On your Safari browser click on the import option and choose the location of your file and then click on Import Bookmarks. This will import all your bookmarks to Safari browser.

If you were not able to import the bookmarks for the first time when the Safari has been installed, then you have to manually make some settings so that you can get your favorites and bookmarks to the Safari browser. Follow the steps below:
    • If you are running your Safari browser then quit it.
    • Take to the original location of the target bookmark file.
    • Open the “/Applications/Utilities/” terminal and then enter “defaults delete com.apple.Safari IEFavoritesWereImported” and then click on return and then close the terminal.
    All the bookmarks that were imported goes into “Imported IE Favorites” collection.