Thread: I am not getting SMS notifications from Facebook?

I am not getting SMS notifications from Facebook?

Hey guys I am using my SMS notifications for my facebook account. For the past one week I am not able to receive any kind of SMS notifications. But I am able to get the wall comments, photo tags and other notifications. It was working fine until now, I haven’t touched anything in my settings. I also checked my settings. I think it might be a bug or something else. Please someone suggest me for this.

Re: I am not getting SMS notifications from Facebook?

If you are not able to get any SMS notifications, even though you have placed a check mark for the SMS alert before the SMS notifications, then try to remove your number from it and then register it once again for activating mobile texts. If you wish to completely remove your number from facebook, then Account Settings in your settings and on the Mobile tab just click “Remove”. Once this is done you can again register it by going on to the same page and select register for facebook text message.

I was also facing the same problem that I was not able to receive any notifications for my Facebook Account even though I had registered for it. I was just getting it for some days and then I stopped receiving it. I even did by removing my number and then registering it once again, but then too I didn’t get any SMS notifications. I don’t know what is the issue? Is it with my settings or with the SMS notifications by Facebook?

I made a setting so that I could get the SMS notifications from the Facebook about the activities going on in my account. I was getting all the messages regarding my wall or if someone has sent me a message. For a week or so I was getting it regularly and then stopped receiving it. I heard that Facebook had sent a message to all its mobile text activated users that, to continue getting SMS notifications on your mobile you need to De-register yourself from the DND services. If you have activated DND service from your operator.

See to it that you have you have configured all your notifications in the Facebook. If you want to check then login into your Facebook account, and he Account Settings go to the notifications tab and see to it that all the things you require are checked in the check box and you have given your email ID correctly. After making all the required changes click on the save button, to make the changes in your settings. Now you would be able to get SMS notifications.

Thanks for the suggestions man. I had made a DND service activated before from my operator. And I had notice that after doing so I was not able to get any SMS notifications from Facebook for my account. So I had checked all the settings in my Mobile notifications tab in the Account Settings in my account and everything over there was fine. I finally de-registered for DND services and now I am able to get all my SMS notifications.