Thread: Need to disable speed dial in Google Chrome

Need to disable speed dial in Google Chrome

Please guys, help me. I will seriously appreciate your help. I have been using Google Chrome in my Windows 7 running system from last many months. I have been looking for few solutions that would make it possible for me to disable the speed dial in Google Chrome web browser which is installed in my system. If anyone has got any suggestion which would help me disable the speed dial feature in Google Chrome. Thank you in advance.

Re: Need to disable speed dial in Google Chrome

By saying disable speed dial, you mean disabling all the recently visited websites that you see in the ‘most Visited’ window by default. What you need to do is make sure that you have been clearing your browser’s history, which will make sure that no browsing history is saved in your system. Thus, you won’t be seeing any website suggestions in the most recently visited websites in your Google Chrome. Once you have performed the following, restart your browser and see the changes.

I have been using Google Chrome from pretty long time. And the one thing which I have noticed that Google Chrome browser usually does not support the speed dialing feature in it. And the feature is made available only if you have installed some add-ons or Chrome extensions in your Google Chrome browser. So, it is very easy to disable the speed dialing in Google Chrome. What you need is to just uninstall the speed dialing extensions or the add-on.

Thank you all for posting your quality suggestions. Yes, I was talking about disabling that Speed Dial extensions or add-ons which came along with the Google Chrome web browser. So as you have suggested that, it is possible to disable/remove it from the Chrome browser which is installed in my system, can someone tell me what I can do to disable the feature? Anymore assistance will again be appreciated. Thank you for future helps.

I would like to share this information with you guys that the Speed Dial is a Chrome extension, somewhat like add-ons, which can be added or removed from your browser, whenever the user wish to do so. You just need to follow few steps, in order to get rid of Speed Dial from your Google Chrome web browser. Just follow the following path: Click on Settings (the Wrench icon) > Tools > Extensions. This will open the Extensions page. Search for Speed Dial from the list of all the extensions installed in your browser and disable or uninstall Speed Dial from here.

Use "No Speed dial" extension for chrome