Thread: Cannot upload to Cloud from Ubuntu

Cannot upload to Cloud from Ubuntu

Hey though I have been a Linux user for all these year but I still have some interest in what apple is cooking, recently the news of the icloud been released under the Apple’s umbrella exited me to register for it. So when I try to upload me file from my Linux based operating system I get an error message. Does this mean that icloud does not work with Linux based system? Any ideas to make this work as this would help me a lot to synchronize all the files and folder that are stored in different files and folder on different systems

Re: Cannot upload to Cloud from Ubuntu

Hey mate I think you should first post the version and the type of Linux based operating system that you are using because the Red hat version of Linux provides the use of icloud efficiently where as the other version such as sabayon do not provide a support for it. Any many times a modified version of Linux also does not function properly with icloud. So I think if you post me back the error message along with the OS would help us to solve your problems a better way.

Hey, I have a Linux based operating system namely Ubuntu version 9.10 and using it on a Firefox version 3.5. I haven’t altered any part of my Ubuntu in any manner. And when I click on the upload option available in icloud I responded back to me with an error message named failed (http error 4117) and the upload automatically is been cancelled. But when I do the same from a windows xp operating system then it works perfectly fine .

As far as I am known to internet and the cloud computing technology the All the Linux and All the Solaris version of these operating system uses Flash plug in to use the HTTP (hyper text transfer protocol) "Expect" header to make sure if the server will be proficient enough for managing the upload appeal, previous to distributing the potentially very large request body. I guess that would help you to understand cloud computer a better way out.

Hey , friend unluckily, numerous web servers, together with the one we are using, is incapable of handling the Expect header properly and that's exactly why we why the upload fails. I have been having an identical problem but since I had too many errors pooping out, I decided to do an research and find out why exactly does it gives me an error. So I have already tried using this and I should tell you that there is now way we could use this with icloud.

Hey , I searched for your content high and low over the internet and other forums sites but , I did not get an solution to your question as there are very few user who use Linux as there only operating system, and those get such problem are expertise enough that they can invent a new solution for themselves . According to open Solaris report 12927 advocate that the flash 10.0.42.34 and other version are no longer using the Expect header so I recommend you to change the flash plugin to the latest one and then try .

The solution provided by the above user is absolutely right and I wish that it should work for you if it does not work then I recommend you to install a WebDAV client which is required for communizing with a icloud. Find a respective version for the Linux and then install your Ubuntu , After that start with uploading the files and I think that would solve your problem. Post me back if there the problem still persists.

Thanks I think that is the best logic applied by the apple team so that the people who don‘t have a computer or the people who have more than one computer to mange can synchronize the files and folder sitting at one place. I guess sooner or later there would be a support for linux based operating system like ubuntu. Even if they don ‘t have this support we could then create one for ourselves .