Thread: WebDav Stopped Working with icloud

WebDav Stopped Working with icloud

Hey, guys, I have just read a news regarding the release of icloud for all the user including the Windows and other operating system. So I thought I should give it a try WebDAV was working perfectly fine on my friends pc so I thought I should also try that so that it would be great for me to keep my files synchronized so I created a free account with icloud like everyone has and then tried to login into it. And that worked perfectly fine with me until today. Today when I just tried to connect to my icloud account it was just not connecting. Any idea why this happened?

Re: WebDav Stopped Working with icloud

This may happen due to the operating system that you are using, when did you last used the icloud account and on what computer did you used it, it may be that the system that your previously used supported it and the system that you are using now is not supporting it, I suggest you to go back and check again with you old system that if are you still able to connect with it. Post me back with the exact error message that you are getting and also post me back the operating system that you are using

Hey friends, I have been using Windows 7 ultimate. And I am getting an error message like this “An error occurred while reconnection Z: to http/webdav.icloud.com/vassal. And the other error message that I get just after that is that with a Web Client Network: the network name cannot be found. I think there is an problem with the connection has not been restored properly. Any help is appreciated regarding this topic

I think that message sound more like DNS is not resolving your uniform resource locator to an IP address, or the server on the icloud on the other end is not responding to your call. Well I don‘t have much idea about this but I think you should work upon it by writing to the icloud team, which is very fast in responding to the pleas‘s of it users. I also suggest you to try any other WebDAV service from other party as it might be that the WebDAV you are using might be corrupted.

Well, it appear that I am able to solve the problem. I suggest you to delete the drive mapping that was set up when you installed the WebDAV program from icloud then open it and set a manual mapping to it. The moment you try to manually set it up a pop up box appears asking for the username and password. Just enter them correctly and you are done with them. I hope this helps you out .

I was having an identical problem, this time; the http:*webdav.icloud.com/pascal had automatically changed to something named webdav……..\davWWWRoot. And I think that was a update from the icloud end so that it could fix the issue that I have been facing so just update your WebDAV software and see if still have the same problem the updating worked for me. And I hope that I also work with you.

Recently after WebDAV stopped working I thought there was no other solution to this as there was no other alternative for this software, it was the only one that was supported by the apple icloud system, so I guess there I could fix this only with the help of you guys and that worked for me. I thank you for helping, I never would be able to do this by myself the. I think this post help other user also.