Thread: Cannot upload file on icloud using Symbian

Cannot upload file on icloud using Symbian

Hey friends I have been using icloud and I am very excited about the features it provides it give me the best way to synchronize my file at my home and office while I travel around between them, but I have only one problem with it that is it does not provide me with an option of uploading anything. Does anyone else has been facing the same problem I am using nokia N8 which has an operating system of Symbian version 3 of 60 series.

Re: Cannot upload file on icloud using Symbian

Hey, which sites are you trying to connect are trying to connect to the icloud site or are you trying to connect icloud via mobile site? I am asking you because this matters a lot because the direct site of icloud offers more functionality than the mobile version or you can also say that the mobile website offers limited functionality. Above that there are many bugs in them as it is still in a Beta like stage.

Hey mate , I do you know that you need a WebDAV client on mobile also to communicate with the icloud server , I must be knowing that it is need for computer system but , I think you may not be knowing that you need to do the same with the nokia N8. Also post me the address you are using while you login into your account on icloud. I guess there might be a problem with the procedure you follow

Hey, friends , I have already been using I cloud on my home and office system so I know the basics of Icloud , but ,then too for betterment of solution I am adding this I am using these login parameter my address bar consists of http:/webdav.icloud………/username. So don’t think I am accessing a wrong address bar. I also have a WebDAV installed on my N8 it has been installed for me by default along with , I can view and well as modify the files that are stored there , I just can ‘t upload them as it ends with an error

Hey mate, I had the same problem while connecting my device to icloud, so I tried out Pander-sync’s client in place of the WebDAV that is current ly installed on your phone and it worked for me. I suggest this to my friend who has a n97 and that also solved his problem on the other hand I would like to ask you does that work with your Windows , Mac or Linux operating system that you are using. Just let me know. you can download Pander directly from their official site for free.

Hey I think that you nokia N8 is having a some firmware problem with the WebDAV software that is previously installed on your phone. SO why don‘t you try Pander sync DAV which is very identical to WebDAV that you are using I mean that worked for me on my Android phone and I have heard that it supports multiple software. If that does not work for you then I guess nothing would work are there is still no support for nokia platform specially the Symbian phones.

That was an tremendously helpful post to me. Like numerous, apprehensive following the poor C drive presentation with the Nokia N97, I got fear while Windows 7 showed the C drive on the Nokia N8 as being unavailable.. Additional, in that Nokia will have been cognizant from lots of posts in the long-ago that onslaught up the C drive is a partiality they might like to setup a program to do that by default. So I guess it was a problem form the nokia n8 site.