Thread: Re-saving files using webDAV in icloud

Re-saving files using webDAV in icloud

I have been using the icloud since its release now, and I need to say that it works perfectly fine and I have no problem with it. But now I am having a problem saving a file on file icloud as know I am using this icloud on two machines where I use the same software to communicate with the icloud server.so the problem is like I can open the file on my computer but I cannot same them properly again. Any suggestion why the occurs and how to fix this.

Re: Re-saving files using webDAV in icloud

Hey , mate , I have also been using icloud quite a few days now , but , I have never faced the problem like you , your problem seems strange to me , I guess that ‘s a problem more specific in some regions or places. I think that is because you had lower internet speed or it might just be that there is other software lying in your hard-drive or the system that you are using that is causing you this problem. So just check if it is not interrupting with any other problem stored on your local system

Hey friend, I have checked my whole pc and haven‘t did not find any problem in it nor does it have any such software that can interfere with it. So I guess that’s a problem for the icloud developer‘s, I have even tried to do the same from a different computer but I still haven‘t found anything yet. Whenever I try t o open the file, it’s open up perfectly fine and when I save it back after editing it gives me error back saying that it has saved a temp file instead.

I think yes, that the problem caused by the server and that need to be checked if your browser is compatible with the server. To check if it’s an error from the server you need to take a look in the log files that indicates that you’re WebDAV client when it tries to move the temp file to a file that previously subsist. After that check for the words like Over-write: False in the http header which is telling the server not to over-write the existing file.

They may be bug in the icloud but, you can say anything until and unless I see thoroughly through your problem. Check if you are saving the AutoCAD (dwg) files. Which are quite buggy and trying to save the file from it may cause you a problem. But the way which WebDAV version are you using. Please post me back your WebDAV version along with the http header that you see when you get a temp file error.

I have been using WebDAV since 2 days now but, I have no idea how it’s actually work or more specifically what version is it, I just downloading it form the icloud then installed it in my two computers after that I it s been giving me errors I just don “t know why so now I don’t want spend any more time working on this crap anymore , is there any other way , or a software through which I could do use it in replacement of WebDAV.

Hey mate I think I have a answer for your query , I had the same problem with the WebDAV and I had no idea why it was causing that , I mean it was working perfectly fine in other account but the movement my account was switched it gave a me a temp file error . So I changed my communicating software to net drive‘s WebDAV client and I think many people have found this helpful and off course useful , I am the one who is using this .

I thank you from the bottom of the heart for everyone who posted here for helping me out I think that the reason why program was solved in no time. I have searched high and low on the internet by I never got a solution for this so I never excepted a solution for this here , but you guys proved me wrong and I have got a solution for this here . the webdav client was malfunctioned I re-installed it and it worked perfectly fine.