Thread: Running iCloud in IE8 shows lots of popups

Running iCloud in IE8 shows lots of popups

I am having the Internet Explorer 8 installed and when I try to run the iCloud the I get many popups fist time. I have got the same problem on many computer through different account. When I login and then it shows me the message which says "accept popup". When I set the popups for the iCloud then it hangs my computer. But when I kill the ie8 and then logged in again then it started working well. Can you guess what the issue with that is? I need help on this.

Re: Running iCloud in IE8 shows lots of popups

Yes, this is true, Microsoft have selected to reload the whole page within IE if you accept the popup. This may function without any problem with simple web page but is not proper with the iCloud. I have not got any fix for this problem but I keep on searching for this and as I get the answer then I will let you know about that. Microsoft should pay attention to this and resolve this as early as possible. Thank you.

If you want to immobilize Internet Explorer 8's pop-up blocker then you will have to click on Tools menu which is there at far right hand side of the browser's Tab Bar. While drop-down menu comes into view and choose the Pop-up Blocker choice. A sub-menu will now come into view. Click on the choice that is “Turn Off Popup Blocker”. To turn on the pop-up blocker another time you will have to just choose the choice as Turn On Pop-up Blocker which is there at this similar sub-menu.

If you want the you can try to make use of the IE7Pro - The Ultimate Add-On for Internet Explorer. This will also work on the Internet Explorer 8. It is having the feature similar to AdBlock and that will help you to block the popups that you are getting. You can search on google for this to get more information regarding this and to get the download link for this. I hope that this will be helpful to you. Let me know if that works or not.

They are not fresh browser windows, it's only a few code executed inside the page. The only method to immobilize it is to put out of action the JavaScript I guess, but a lot of sites make use of JavaScript to carry out valuable functions and I don't believe it would be a superior idea. You can immobilize it though, if you are browsing these sites widely, and re-enable it when you shut them.

I think that the cookies are not allowed in your case and so it is coming all the times. All you have to do is just allow the cookies and when you do that then it will only show you popup for the first time and when you do the disable that then it will never show you that again. So it will not a bad idea to give it a try and check if it can go in positive way for you or not.