Thread: How to use Google UK instead of Google.com?

How to use Google UK instead of Google.com?

I recently moved out of the country to United Kingdom. While I was surfing on the Google my Google is not switching to Google.UK. I have been in the states of the United Kingdom for 4 months but still now it is not switching to UK. I have tried adding Google.com to my default search engines. Also when I type Red Lobster in the search engine it won't take me to the site like it used. It just gives me the results page. So can anyone tell me how to change it to UK?

Re: How to use Google UK instead of Google.com?

If you'd rather use Google.com instead of Google.uk, you have to visit the language tool pages and you should choose a Google domain manually I think the section with the flags. Make sure that you are enabling the cookies of your browser. Your Google settings are saved in a cookie, so if cookies aren't enabled the preferences you pick won't be saved. If Google.com keeps automatically redirecting to Google.uk, feel free to bookmark. This is an alternative web address for Google.com that always takes you to Google.com without redirecting you.

From the discussions going on I would like to recommend you that Google in their knowledge that has moved the web/local functionality from the search page to the results page. Enter your search and, on the results page, you'll find the two links "Web" and "Pages from “United Kingdom” in the left hand column above the search tools. It just means you make the selection after you search instead of before.

On the Google.com page you should see a link underneath the search box "Go to Google.co.UK". If you click this Google should remember (via a cookie) and not redirect you the next time. If it doesn’t help you that mean your cookies have been corrupted and this can be solved by deleting the entries of the cookies. Your preference won't be saved if you are not accepting cookies or clearing them when you close your browser. If you are using a private browser tag then this will affect the problem. I think that you may solve the problem by doing this thing. Or you can use Google.com/ncr or the advanced search Google.com/advanced search.

I would like to recommend you that you should do this: Go to Customize (wrench icon) top right) > options > basics > Default search > Manage > add > Fill in field as below:
    • Name: Google
    • Keyword: Google.com
    • url:Google.com
    • Click OK.
    • Click: Set as Default
    Close.

I would like to suggest you that you should go to the wrench icon that is located at the top right corner, and choose options. In here, there are default search sections, and a button labeled manages. Click on this, and then click add and type in the Google address, then make this the default. So this will be saved in the cookies of the browser.

I would like to recommend you that you should go on the internet and search on the Google site you will get some of the information regarding this topic or you will get the videos regarding this topic because when I saw the topic I myself saw the video and in that video it was suggested nicely. I hope that the suggestion given by me will help you in solving the problem.