Thread: VBulletin VS XenForo

VBulletin VS XenForo

Well of the former developers Kier Darby of vBulletin and Mike Sullivan comes XenForo is a new forum system with several innovations over its competitors vBulletin and IPB, from the technical aspect and its revolutionary design using the latest AJAX techniques, we can create a community / network in a matter of minutes. SEO optimization has already adapted to the forum, so we will not have to spend money on external scripts for this purpose, if you want to see how great this new forum system, visit the official website. So I want to know more about the same and I want the users to post the knowledge they have regarding both this forum communities.

Re: VBulletin VS XenForo

The truth is that if it sounds promising, all discuss the same, xenforo is what should be VB4. In the official forum of xF, try to give suggestions as so many more users will not only be a community the first task is to translate it into Spanish, then I will focus on modifications and skins, which is my strong point, we support but we are not official. I've been working with vb in my projects; I hope that xF is similar with regard to changing a vb to save time. Even I could not migrate VB4, but if the above, I hope they succeed because when you take more stable and improved versions, perhaps consider leaving final vb.

I have suggested that I change a little editor, used tinymce, but BBCode format is lacking compared to other forums, I know that are now bundled as they will get the beta, but hopefully it will improve in future releases. At first glance appear to have focused much more on what innovative design and its operation that the code itself is a mixture of forum and network that makes it appealing. PD. The beta version comes with importer vb3.7 and vb3.8.

The problem with vBulletin 4 is that gigantic expectations generated and then, obviously, could not fulfill. It would be hypocritical to say that the product is bad, I think it is not as good as it could be, nothing more. Think that was always strong vBulletin simplicity can manage a wide range of issues so ultra-simple, no plugins, no shoving. And to this we are aiming to have a highly customizable forum simply from the panel. Within this approach we can now see a new way of addressing the issue of style which I do not like medium, which points right to the guy who does not want elbowing or means, and we built adsense, separate templates for placing ads, etc. The functions that point to the manager who does not want elbowing or reading dirty documentation.

Not bad that thought is the policy of choice. I think the problem is that customers are increasingly demanding and every day they know best what they need. There is a major tug there, and there is a kind of hole that can be plugged into any platform 100%. But beware, this not only happens to vBulletin! I see on other platforms, the product offered is not enough when you know exactly what you want and need. Appears a gap in which the answer is obvious everyone needs their platform created by your needs, and the difference in money is enormous. I will continue to vBulletin 4 because for what it costs to license what they offer is acceptable. Parallel I like having hit a jump with some issues and I am using SEO Blogs for vB users. Vb.org community is still great and that's valuable.

And what you heard on the issue of migration from vbulletin forums to it I guess it will be one of the ways that will attract many users to its platform. What I saw in XenForo I like, but no terms of emotions. Projects such as the Quran with its interface questions / answers and follow specific topics have also generated interesting ideas to imitate, although I do not see these in any development.

Xenforo is MUCH BETTER than VB4 which i think is garbage!

Do you think VB4 looks as good as this site here for example?? (If you do,you are one of the ones that has lost thier sense of 'WHATS GOOD')

Even I think Vbulletin 4 is a Internet resource hog, whenever I visit any VB4 forums, I kinda get devastating lagging and sometimes the browser will just stuck when scrolling mouse up and down to view sections for 5-10 seconds. On some forums I have also checked that when we copy any text to VB4, it just copies all the formatting, color, size and all which is very annoying.

I dispise everything about VB4,any sites im on that goto it I LEAVE!!

I wont support something i think IS MUCH WORSE than what was there before!

1 VB4 site i do visit from time to time AND THATS BECAUSE THE ADMIN REWROTE EVERYTHING and its tolerable (But just (The site is 99% the same as it was before (Same colour,etc)))