Thread: I have managed and made Page Zipper more suited to use with Opera Mini

I have managed and made Page Zipper more suited to use with Opera Mini

If you don't know what the highly useful and without doubt excellent Page Zipper is, make sure you and play with it under a real iOS browser before proceeding so that you understand my explanation on its inherent problems when run under Opera Mini. So far, Page Zipper hasn't been usable under Opera Mini. If you blindly include its script let I have provided at you'll see it only auto-loads the second page and doesn't load further pages. If you try loading the third page by tapping the „Next” arrow inside, the third page will be loaded you will need to scroll down and search it manually), but, after that, you will no longer be able to load further pages.

re: I have managed and made Page Zipper more suited to use with Opera Mini

As promised, I've managed to come up with a set of combined scripts, combining Page Zipper with character enlarging. This is of essential importance for me, because I, when using the elliptic trainer in the gym, prefer using huge text size on the iPad fastened to the machine in front of me and try not to have to tap next links all the time – which, when running, is pretty hard. In cases like this, a Page Zipper-like scriptlet with built-in character enlarging is a godsend –far less in many cases, futile, because again it's very hard to tap on links while running attempts to load next pages and, then, individually resize their text so that they become readable even for a running human.

With a script like Page Zipper, I just load the first or, for that matter, any starting page of an forum thread and invoke the combined Page Zipper + text size enlarger script let once. Then, all I need to do is scrolling when I need to – no in many cases, un succeeding attempts to tap next page links, no again, while running, very-hard-to-accomplish attempts at invoking character size increasing for every single page. This really makes my life easier – with every script let-capable iOS Web browser deployed on my iPad

The reason for this is simple. While the zipper is seemingly invoked before starting to wait and only then here, after 3 seconds; you can safely change it to 10 or even more seconds to see the results remain the same increase the character size, the actual execution of the zipper that is, additional page loading won't take place before the character sizes are increased. The latter, however, will only increase the size of the text on only the first user-loaded page and not on the following ones. This is why I couldn't just, right in the scriptlet, put waiting + text size increasing after invoking the Page Zipper JavaScript.

I am trying to use this script let on my iPhone 3G with Opera Mini 6, but it doesn't appear to be working at all on my end. It simply fails to function entirely, no difference after running it whatsoever. Am I missing something? I'm copying the script and pasting it into a bookmark, then opening the bookmark on a page I want to paginate. Are you absolutely sure you've tested exactly the same script let in your Safari as it on your iPhone? If it wasn't, make sure you repeat the test it on the phone too as under Opera Mini? I've double-tested the script let above and it worked just fine on my iPhone 4. Will re-test on my iPhone 3G if we can't fix this problem in 10-12 hours when I get back to my workplace.