Thread: Google Chrome gives no error message when sync fails

Google Chrome gives no error message when sync fails

Whenever the sync process fails to occur, then it should give an error message. I have saved many bookmarks on my computer but the thing is that Google Chrome says that the sync has successfully happened but actually it has failed. I just don’t understand what problem this chrome has and why Google are not doing anything about this. I don’t think so that this is tolerable. When the process fails it should have given an error. If anyone has a solution about this then please do help.

Re: Google Chrome gives no error message when sync fails

Well not only you but many people are suffering from the same problem. I think so that syncing problem can be in progress. I hope the Google solves this issue as soon as possible. It may take time so you can continue syncing with other browsers. Well I don’t know much about this but hope I am able to solve your problems regarding this. Let’s hope Google solve this problem and it may provide a new version of its browser.

Hey buddy even I agree with this point. Thus I dislike the truth that Xmarks is being shutdown as there is syncing problem with Google Chrome. Even I have the same problem. I don’t know for some cause that I am unable to sync my laptop and my computer together. Also I don’t get an error message that something went incorrect. So I need to close Google Chrome and switch to Firefox or any other extensions which help me really work.

I have not lost anything, but my desktop (DT) is completely different from my laptop (LT) pinned DT my tabs do not appear on my LT show and the links I added to the memory stick do not 'syndrome t for my LP and themes do not match. I tried to shut both down. I launched my DT and look good, but my LT did not open because the tabs will not load. I was offered the option of closing down or wait, but the Shut Down option is not answered. So I restart my computer! Nothing changed except a new tab is opened. There seems to works of synchronization.

First, nothing gets synchronized. Cookies, cloud covered, etc are not compatible. In addition, the timing of the extensions does not necessarily synchronize their options. I tested the sync in various situations, but only single I think it was a corrupt profile. Even this situation synchronized. The only problem was that if I deleted something from another computer, again because of timing again, they corrupt profile. I would recommend exporting your bookmarks using the bookmark manager and create a new profile.

Which operating system you are using? The reason I am asking is due to that every operating system has different settings to do that and create a new profile. If you are using XP then go to Documents and Settings, select user the go to local settings you will see Google chrome and finally select user data. If you are a Vista user then go to User, select AppData, go to Local, select Google chrome and finally select User Data. Then in User Data, rename Default to Default2. Then open Google chrome and import all your bookmarks again and finally set up your sync. I hope this helps.

Well I don’t have much idea about this but the solution given is amazing. I don’t know whether it will work or not but hopefully works. As per my opinion I think so that it may be a bug problem. I have observed many people complaining that Google chrome is not a bug free browser. If a browser is not a bug free then it may create many problems such as syncing and many more. Just check with some other browsers.