Thread: "User already Logged in" error while using internet in Fedora

"User already Logged in" error while using internet in Fedora

I recently purchased a laptop. I am having the OS Fedora linux in my laptop. I normally use the laptop for internet surfing, gaming, downloading movies and especially. I am quite satisfied with the OS that is installed in my laptop. But yesterday I came across a strange issue while I using internet in Fedora. When I was checking for software updates the system did not respond, so I restarted my laptop. After restarting I tried to connect to my service provider but at that time an error message was displayed saying “. /crclient: user already logged in with process id 4085”. I logged out and again tried to login but the same message was displayed. Is anyone aware about this issue? If yes then please do the needful.

re: "User already Logged in" error while using internet in Fedora

It is quite interesting issue that you have posted. Many people have encountered this issue before. I am a Windows user so I don’t have much knowledge about fedora Linux. I haven’t used Fedora in my system. So I don’t know how it functions. If you had this problem in Windows then I would have definitely given you the accurate solution. But to solve the issue related to Fedora is almost impossible for me. So I won’t be able to give you the necessary suggestions you need to overcome the issue. Maybe someone else can help you out.

The issue that you have posted is not complicated. This issue is basically due to some internal errors in your laptop. As you are getting the message “user already logged in with process id 4085”. I think you need to kill the process id that is displayed in the message. To kill the process id you need to execute the following command:
    Kill <process id >
    For e.g.: In your case the command will be: kill 4085. After you execute this command you will be able to use the internet.

Thanks a lot for all the responses that you have given me to overcome the issue. I use the ps command to see which process is running. But I there was no process running with process id 4085. Is that process running in my ISP server? I executed the command that you specified to kill the process. But on execution it displayed the message that “no such process exist”. It was showing process id but the PID that I wanted to kill was not available. Are you aware about some other solution? If yes then let me know about it.

After I read your post I came to know about your issue. I don’t think that the process is running in the ISP server. If you are not able to find the process id 4085 than there is one more command for that purpose. The command that you need to execute is as follows:
    $ top
    You will come to know about the process id 4085 with the help of this command. Execute this command and inform me about the consequences. I hope that this command will help you a lot

Re: "User already Logged in" error while using internet in Fedora

I executed top command but I got confused after executing that command. It was looking equivalent to Task manger of Windows. PID was available over there but PID 4085 was not present over there. My ISP gave client software called "crclient.exe" for windows and “crclient.sh” for linux. I installed the client software and only with the help of this client software I use internet in windows and linux. My internet is working fine in windows XP but it is not working on linux OS. Please give the necessary suggestion to overcome this issue if you know.