Thread: How to save .jpeg file as .jpg in Google Chrome?

How to save .jpeg file as .jpg in Google Chrome?

Hello friends, I am using Google Chrome browser in my Mac OS running Macbook pro laptop. Everything is working perfectly fine with my laptop as well as the Chrome web browser. The only thing which is bothering me is a very small doubt on the format of images which I am downloading using Google Chrome. Whenever I am downloading pictures, it is downloading with an extension *.jpeg instead of the *.jpg. So, I was looking for methods by which I can download the image files in *.jpg format rather than the *.jpeg.

Re: How to save .jpeg file as .jpg in Google Chrome?

I am running Windows 7 in my system and have been using Google Chrome from pretty long time in my system. But I have never faced anything like this, which you have mentioned in your query. There might be some kind of faulty issue with the Google Chrome browser installed in your MacBook pro laptop. Try to uninstall the Chrome browser from your system and download a fresh setup of the Google Chrome’s latest browser and install it in your system. Check whether the problem still exists or is solved after installing the latest Google Chrome in your system.

JPEG is the full name but the files can be saved in JPG format also. It is very much easy to change the extension format of the files. At the time of downloading usually an option is prompted for the user to select the location, name and the extension of the file which they wish to download and save in their respective system. Make sure that when your system is prompting anything like this, you have selected .jpg as the extension for your file and “All type” as the file type. This will assure that the saved file is in .jpg format instead of its default one.

Google Chrome behaves differently when it is running in MAC OS. Whenever you drag and drop any image file from the Chrome browser to the desktop of your MAC running system, The Mac OS changes the extension of the file automatically from .jpg to the .jpeg file. Even if the image is in .jpg format initially, after dragging it to the Mac system, that image will get changed to .jpeg by the Chrome. The reason behind this is still unknown. So most probably you won’t be able to change the extension of your image file from .jpeg to .jpg using Google Chrome in Mac system.

Thank you everyone for your time and efforts. It was very kind of you guys to replies so quickly to my post, but unfortunately nothing helped me solve my doubt and I am still standing where the discussion had started. Because of this issue I am unable to run few programs as many of them don’t accept the .jpeg file format. Also .JPG is more standard on Web then the .JPEG format files. Hoping that Google to solve this issue. But still if anyone is having any other suggestion which could help me by any chance then please help me. Your suggestions are always appreciated.

According to me you should try using some third party software which can prove to be useful for you to solve your issue and get you out of this annoying problem which you are facing. You can search for such software on Internet which can easily convert the extensions of files which are of similar type. Once you have searched any of this software, install the Mac version of it and install it in your system. You can also try using Picasa software to edit pictures and save it in some other extensions.