Thread: Installed Extensions are missing from "Wrench/Tools/Extensions" in Google Chrome.

Installed Extensions are missing from "Wrench/Tools/Extensions" in Google Chrome.

I am posting this thread on behalf of my friend who is facing this issue with his Google Chrome browser in his Windows XP OS running system. He has installed few extensions for his Google Chrome browser. But when we try to locate those extensions on the Wrench/Tools/Extensions path, we are unable to locate it. The extensions are not even visible near the URL area in the browser. What must be the issue? What could be causing this issue? Please help us with your suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Re: Installed Extensions are missing from "Wrench/Tools/Extensions" in Google Chrome.

According to me there must be some kind of issue with your browser. So I would recommend you to uninstall the current version of Google Chrome which you have installed in your Windows Vista running system and download the latest version of Chrome for your system and install it. Make sure you are downloading the proper setup file for Windows Vista and the bit version similar to yours. Install the newest Google Chrome and then check out whether the extensions have become visible to you or not.

Re: Installed Extensions are missing from "Wrench/Tools/Extensions" in Google Chrome.

There is a high possibility that your Chrome files might have got corrupted or infected with virus or other malicious germs attack. It would be better if you perform complete scan of your system and search for any kind of infections in your system. Make sure that you are using an updated Antivirus to scan your system. Always keep your antivirus updated to keep your system protected from virus attacks. Also make a habit of performing system scan after specific interval of time. This will keep you informed about the coming virus attacks in your system.

It might be possible that you must have not installed the extensions from the official website of Chrome store and must have installed them from any other random sites. And that is why you are unable to locate those extensions on the Wrench/Tools/Extension's path and near the URL which you have mentioned in your query thread. I would thus suggest you to visit the Chrome store and download the extensions from there and install it in your system. Once you have installed the extensions, restart your Chrome browser to see the changes.

You can check where the extension has got properly installed in your Google Chrome or not. You just need to visit the Chrome store again after installing the extension. If the extension has got installed then it will appear “installed” in the Chrome store or you will be getting the option to install the extension. If it appears that the extension installed then you can find the following on the Wrench/Tools/Extension's path or near the URL area in your Google Chrome browser.

There is some issue with the latest update in Google Chrome which is causing this issue. So I would suggest you to roll back you Google Chrome to the earlier version of Google Chrome and then check whether you are facing the same issue with that version of Google Chrome after installing the extensions. Also make sure that the extensions you are installing are compatible with the Google Chrome. If nothing seems to be helping then I would suggest you to contact Technical staff of Google and check if any new updates are available on this topic or not.