Thread: How to view Chrome Bookmarks on other browsers

How to view Chrome Bookmarks on other browsers

I am using Google chrome as my web browser for surfing through internet. I surf through different number of websites and if I am used to that website then I make a bookmark of that site on my browser. As I want to use such bookmarks from any other browser or through cyber café or using my ipad when I am away from my home computer so for this purpose I synchronized these bookmarks. The synchronize process was successfully done but I done know how to access those bookmarks online. So please provide me a solution for this.

Re: How to view Chrome Bookmarks on other browsers

It is quite a nice feature of a chrome browser, which lets us to synchronize our bookmarks online so that it could be accessed from any computer. If the remote machine doesn’t have Google chrome installed, then also you could find all your chrome bookmarks on the remote bookmarks. You need to sign in through your Google account and then go to Google docs option. There you would find a folder named chrome bookmarks. So access your bookmarks from there, but you are not allowed to edit any bookmarks because the folder is restricted to read only.

When you synchronize your bookmarks through Google chrome, then chrome saves all this into your Google account. If you have fully synchronized your chrome settings then if you want these particular settings on different computer but same browser then you have to log in to your Google account and all the settings would be automatically applied to the chrome browser and you will find the needed settings into your chrome browser but on different computer.

You could export your bookmarks and then take it anywhere you want. For doing this you need to go to your chrome browser settings and then go to bookmark manager then click on organize menu in the manager. Then you would find a export bookmarks option, click on it and it would ask you to select a path in order to save the file, so apply a appropriate path and then click save and you will have a HTML file for that and just take that file with you or upload it on your mail account and view it whenever you want to access your bookmarks.

When you have the bookmarks HTML file, then you just have to perform one more step in order to view your bookmarks online. This file is nothing but it contains all the bookmarks that you had on your browser and you have exported it so that it could be ported and can be viewed in other systems. In order to view your bookmarks you can use online bookmark application so that it would have all your bookmarks. Google search it and save your bookmarks on these online applications.

I have recently heard that the synchronized feature have been removed by Google from there chrome browsers. It is an extremely needed feature for the browsers so that one can view his/her stored bookmarks from a remote place. I don’t think that this feature have been removed permanently by the Google. I guess might be there would be some issues regarding synchronization so that Google have removed this feature from their browsers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekpah View Post
    It is an extremely needed feature for the browsers so that one can view his/her stored bookmarks from a remote place.
    I agree. This is bad move by Google to disallow online access to bookmarks.
    But I recently found a solution. Only it requires a Dropbox account (or any similar service with public forlder).
    Chrome stores bookmarks in a system in a JSON format (look at C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Bookmarks). So I wrote a small html page to display bookmarks in readable form.