Thread: My computer freezes when I load the server list

My computer freezes when I load the server list

Hello friends. Greetings to all of you out there. I hope that you all have been doing well. Basically, stuck up somewhere and hence thought to leave a thread here. The thing is that My computer freezes when I load the server list. This can be directly from the Steam program, or in game for example I can say Team Fortress 2. I am unable to understand the root cause of the issue. Do help Guys and provide me with some solutions. Thanks in advance for the help as I really appreciate it.

Re: My computer freezes when I load the server list

Hey dude. I am fine. I would like to tell you that I am sailing in the same ship like you. I am having issues when I altered my router previous to I flashed DD-WRT, the router was not able to handle the kajillion connections which the steam makes when it examines the server list. However, I am still not able to figure out the solution. It will be really fruitful ,if someone replies to this thread. I am really pissed off with the problem. It’s high time, I resolve it.

Hello mate. I would advise you that you should disable JMicron ports . I feel that it may help you out. Also, I would like to advocate you that you should have Belkin G and in addition to it, MIMO internal wireless Card. In addition to what I have mentioned you, do not miss on verifying the standard rates. I have shared my knowledge with you, whatever I was aware of, I really hope that at least one of the solution helps you out. Thank You.

Hey buddy, I have a solution for you. I feel you search out for a firmware update for your router or modem as we can say , as it can increment your chances to provide a solution. Also, In case there is no firmware renew obtainable, then you will have to set Steam's Internet Connection tempo to a lesser background in order to decrease the velocity that the server list generates. Do give a try to what I have told, there are chances that you will be out of trouble.

Hey dude. How are you. How are the things panning up. I am going fine. Well, was surfing the internet and came across the thread. I was gazing through the replies and really found the above solution very attractive. However, I do not want that you get stuck up anywhere. Hence, I would take you further and let you know how you can do it. You will just be required to Steam and there in Settings options beneath the Downloads tab, you can change the settings.

You may synthetically bind the rate at which the list generates. In order to do that, you will be required to go to Startand then in Run enter regedit.Then you will have to navigate to hkey_current_user\Software\Valve\Steam\.Then make a new-fangled string value registry setting and give the name as CafeRate. Then you will have to give CafeRate regkey a value of 10000 and gradually diminish the value awaiting the problem to be solved. A speed of 3000 can be measured as the smallest amount of value.

Hey mate, I feel that looking at the above replies, your issue must be solved by now. I feel you have got more than sufficient solutions. In case, if the problem still persists, then I you the opportunity to enlighten you with one more alternative. Last but not the least option will be powerfully considering to change your router along with a higher-grade model.However, do not even think of doing that first. Try only if every other thing fails. Thank You.