Thread: E-mail takes a longer time after scanning

E-mail takes a longer time after scanning

I am having a PC with a higher configuration. I make use of it for various purposes such as surfing, gaming and many more. I often perform operations like scanning and e-mail using the internet. I never faced any issues while doing so. But yesterday I noticed a strange issue while using my system. I scanned a crossword puzzle from the newspaper into my computer and after that I tried to mail it. It took a longer time but nothing happened. I know how to find it and attach it for mailing but it seems to be taking a long time for uploading and sending. I don’t know why is this happening? Are you aware about such issues? Why is it taking so long to upload and send? Can you help me out in this issue? If yes then please do the needful.

Re: E-mail takes a longer time after scanning

The issue that you have posted is not complicated. Many users often encounter such issues. The information that you have provided is incomplete for me. I just need to know the file format in which you saved the puzzle after scanning. Did you save it as a JPEG, BMP or TIFF file? After I get this information only then I can give you further suggestions to overcome the issue. Don’t forget to give me the essential information which I need.

I will definitely provide the essential information that you need. The file format in which the puzzle is stored is BMP. Is file format the actual problem? If yes then why. The information that you required is posted by me so please give me the further solutions to overcome the issue. Please do the needful if you can because this issue is annoying me a lot. Also tell me the correct file format in which the puzzle should be if it is invalid. Also state the reasons for the same.

I read your recent post and I came to know the exact cause of the issue. The reason for this issue is the file format of the puzzle. BMP is the invalid file format for the puzzle. The valid file format is JPEG. If you save the puzzle with anything other than JPEG then it will create the file size much larger and take longer duration to e-mail. If the file format is JPEG it won’t increase the file size. My suggestion for you to solve this issue is to first change the file format to JPEG and then rescan it. After re-scanning try to mail it. This time it won’t take a longer duration.

As you suggested me to change the file format to JPEG and rescan it. I did the same and noticed the difference with different file formats. But this time another issue occurred while mailing. It asked me to do some kind of POP and SMTP settings for my E-mail account. I am not aware about such settings. I have heard it for the first time. Are you aware these settings? If yes then please do the needful so that I can overcome such issues.

I am aware about this issues and I will definitely help you to overcome such issues. As you said that you are getting some kind of POP and SMTP settings to be done. It is not compulsory. As you are unaware about such settings I will definitely suggest you some other solutions to overcome the issue. To solve the issue you need perform following steps: go to Custom settings-> choose DPI and select 200. After performing these steps scan the puzzle at a lower DPI and then save it. After this you won’t face such issues. Try this out and please do inform me about the consequences.