Thread: MSN tweaking mystery. Trying to make sense of this

MSN tweaking mystery. Trying to make sense of this

Two weeks ago, someone who is practically stalking my friend stole my msn. Now I'm tech-savvy enough to know how phishing and Trojans. So, obviously, never entered the account information on line anywhere remotely suspicious. Never accept a file or click a link that did not ask first. And my AVG detected nothing. However, that man stole my msn with the snap of a finger apparently. I see only two possibilities, I had someone in my contact list that I did not know who he was. He added a few days before it happened. But this could be truly independent. Or send me a Trojan undetectable to only know my e-mail or see online in my msn. In other words, it is theoretically impossible. But he did right in my face! So I'm very confused about this and I wonder if anyone here knew of a way to do it. You can also go into great detail on this case investigating for two weeks.

Re: MSN tweaking mystery. Trying to make sense of this

Could have been something as simple as probably easy to guess the password, or easy to guess the security question. People often put much more effort in their passwords in the security providers of general content questions, does not help either, just letting you choose between a lot of questions easy to guess anyway. The attacker may simply have known the name of your first pet, zip code, name of the company you work for, the child's name or whatever you asked Hotmail. He could have known that exposure to you personally, looking at Google his name or simply reading all available information about you on sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.

Not recorded my passwords on my computer either retype it each time. So I think it could have been a keylogger. I was disconnected for trying to sign in two places at the same time, re-enter my logon password. I hope it was a technical problem, but when you disconnect the new password has changed. there are many other solutions if you come to know about them you they to loo up on the web you will have more knowledge for this topic.

Have you used your MSN account on a computer other than your computer at home. The attacker could have endangered any computer that is logged on to MSN. MSN Password is like any other service that the attacker could have compromised. Did you use any network could have endangered the attacker, including wireless encryption POP, IMAP, HTTP and IRC are plain text. because there are many other security breaches that can happen if you do not pay attention to all the details.

if you had used the same password for other services - for example, forums, other email accounts, IRC services, and so on. Whatever happens over the network unencrypted HTTP, POP, IMAP, FTP, IRC, etc is at stake.The reason the above poster ask is because this is a typical attack, an attacker can find the password you use to access certain services with lower priority for example, a forum where he is an administrator or that has been introduced to use some of publicly known exploit then try the same password for your account for example Hotmail.

Usually, but not know the IP address of the computer. However, I am not familiar enough with the details of MSN communications protocol. Some types of messages are sent directly from client to client, and this would allow the attacker knows that his intellectual property. Normally with this type of protocols, which only occurs in huge volumes of transfers, such as file transfer or may be call or face time to avoid having to go through an intermediary server. I know that even in such cases, do not use MSN sometimes direct communication from client to client.