Thread: How to start with safe internet usage

How to start with safe internet usage

I am an ardent computer and internet user. I would say that the internet so much that I have had a few experiences recently that has made me fearful .I would say that few days back I was posting in a forum and on that one a user was able to somehow get my name, personal email address, previous work history at different organizations, and location.I was very worried about it and hence I jumped to this one.So can you tell me what I need to do to solve the problem that is being faced by me.

Re: How to start with safe internet usage

I would say that there might be certain issues with this one and those are the one that are creating you the problems. I would say that it all depends on the information that you used when you signed up.What I meant to say is that people often look at the email address and then hit Google with that.I guess that this is somewhat not what is required. According to me it is very easy to build a profile. So this is what I feel and this is what needs to be done.

I feel that if you have an email service then that allows you to have multiple types and then you should also consider using a different names for each site that you log on to.So this is what you needs to be careful about. Also at the same time I feel that you need to create separate addresses for various personalities. What you can do is that you can work and also do gaming and try to group each as much as possible.

According to me you need to hit all the phone directories and then what you need to do is that you need to get yourself removed to the extent possible. This is the most important thing that you need to do and would say that there are many such database warehouse that are related to this thing .Also I would say that there are different type of sites that collect all sorts of data from various sources that are available and these are the places from where the collect the information.

I feel that I can suggest you that from time to time you should perform a Google search using your name along with an email and also some other types of related information and this is what I think about.I would also say that as you find out what others may be finding about you. Also I would tell you that would be surprised with the results and this is what I feel about. I think that this would make you aware of the information that is present.