Thread: information on Virtual private network

information on Virtual private network

I am doing a network engineering .Today I heard about the VPN (virtual private network). I want to know about the virtual private network. Now I am studying VPNs but the information which I got from the school is not sufficient. I want to know complete information regarding the VPN. So if anyone has any kind of information about virtual private network I kindly request to please send this information to me.

Re: information on Virtual private network

A virtual private network( VPN) is a secure way of connecting to private local area network at a remote location, using the internet or any insecure public network to transport the network data packet privately. Using encryption technic. The VPN use authentication to deny access to authorized users and encryption to prevent unauthorized user from reading the private network packet. The VPN can be used to send any kind of network traffic securely, including voice video or data.

VPNs are frequently used by remote worker or companies with remote offices to share private data and network resource. VPNs may also allow user to bypass regional internet restriction such as firewall and web filtering by tuning the network connection to a different region. Technically the VPN protocol encapsulated network data transfers using a secure cryptographic method between two or more network devices.

A VPN work by using the share public infrastructure while maintaining privacy through the security procedure and tunneling protocols such as layer two tunneling protocol. In effect the protocol the protocols, by encrypting the data at the sending end and decrypting at the receiving end , sends the through a tunnel that cannot be entered by data is not properly encrypted. The level of security involves encrypting not only the data bur also the originating and receiving network addresses.

A virtual private network is network that uses a public telecommunication infrastructure, such as the internet to provide remote office or individual users with secure access to their organization network. A virtual private network can contrast with an expansive system of a owned or leased line that can only be used by one organization. The goal of VPN is provide the organization with sane capabilities, but at a much lower cost.