Thread: Not able to surf any website

Not able to surf any website

I have a problem with the internet explorer on my computer. There is a connection as msn messenger works but no subject what I attempt I can not appear to obtain the net. When I attempt to look at a page I obtain "internet explorer cannot show the webpage". I then click diagnose connection problem and it tells me that “Windows cannot able to connect to the in web using protocols like HTTP, HTTPS or FTP; this is almost certainly caused by firewall settings on your computer. Check firewall settings for the http port 80, https port 443 and ftp port 21" I can not appear to find out how to check these settings.... can someone help?

Re: Not able to surf any website

I had the same exact issue and this resolved my issue right away. First make sure if your ip and your Domain name server are automatically obtained. Do the following steps:

• To hit start and then go to control panel
    • Then you will go classic view open the icon for network connections. And then Right click on the icon for Local Area Connection and select properties
    • In the local area connection properties window hit on Internet Protocol and then hit on properties
    • In the next window that opened and confirm that Obtain IP address automatically and Obtain Domain name server address automatically mutually both have the green button on them. And the hit on apply and then hit on ok.

You can promote optimize your browser setting by which is mentioned as below:

• Go in control panel and then window hit on the icon for internet options .
    • Hit on the security tab
    • Find the security level for this region and find the default level button, Hit on it
    • Go to the privacy tab and hit also hit on the default button
    • Go to the connections tab, see for the button for LAN Settings and then hit on it
    • Under the LAN settings window confirm that automatically sense the settings is the only item checked.
    • Hit on the advanced tab and hit on the Restore Defaults button
    • Hit apply and then OK
    • Final step is reopen internet explorer browser and ten after default home page automatically loaded.

I tried all of the proposals about resetting defaults etc. and nobody of it worked. Here is what may assist you to help me. This all started when I removed region security suite and installed Avast antivirus. Before installing avast I put out of action the internet connection, but it appears like it automatically re-enabled it and then I couldn't use browser. The unusual thing is, I attempted uninstalling avast, then I was capable to utilize my browser without a trouble, but I have to an antivirus in the system. It appears to have something to do with the avast download. Can you help?

Did you finish up getting this issue fixed? I have the accurate identical thing happening to me and would love to know how to solve it without having to take my computer into the shop. I can make sure and send e-mail on Outlook Express but cannot able to get on the internet. SO annoying. Any help would be seriously respected. Please post your views. It is very important for me. And I would like to tell you about more things on it..

I got same issue internet explorer and Google chrome. It did not work but Mozilla was so I start looking in web and came across this directions and it work, open web explorer and then go into the tools and then into internet options, and then go into connections, then hit in LAN setting button at least once. There unmark everything in proxy server area and only mark the box where it says automatically sense the setting in the automatic configuration area, everything else ought to be unchecked. It works for me! Now after 8 months using Mozilla Firefox only I am very glad I am able to work on Internet explorer now again.