Thread: Poor IMAP support

Poor IMAP support

I am using a 3G BB Pearl 9105. The major cause to get the UMA seems to work fine for me. Just do not do well is the IMAP mail, it is surprising for a device whose purpose seemed to be all e-mail. Maybe it works for corporate users with BES accounts. My company is not compatible with BB and I'm stuck with the BIS. Pick up two email accounts via IMAP. One of them is my account of the company, which is also used through Outlook on my work PC. The other is my personal Tuffmail (highly recommended by the way - rock solid with excellent spam filtering) a / c.

Re: Poor IMAP support

I am also having many problems. My main problems are: The email is marked as read in the PP when I read it at the point of view. Deleted email in Outlook does not delete in the DB. On both issues, which works in reverse? Reading of ammunition marked as read in Outlook. Email often recurs. I'll have two copies of the same e-mail of 10 or 15 minutes away. One will eventually disappear, but it's still irritating. Most annoying, if I open an old email, or respond to one in Outlook, it appears in my BB marked as new and unread. Does not support folders, so I cannot access any of my emails submitted - period! If I were a supplier of devices with email reputation in the corporate world, I make sure my product consumption at least halfway decent. There is a third party application that looks promising but is not integrated into the operating system as the built-in client. I gladly would pay $ 20 or less for something that worked. What do others think?

I had a problem with mine when I used. I was also at the BIS, as it was my personal device. Related to my Yahoo account, my Outlook email through Bellsouth.net and had a BlackBerry address, just for the fun of it. This was through T-Mobile USA. Was the faster EDGE data support the BB8800. I do not think T-Mobile 3G had then. If I remember correctly, had to manually configure your preferences as to whether things would be eliminated when removed by the other or not. I had to remove both from the device or the desktop. It worked fine with both Yahoo and Outlook.

Thanks for the replies. I've been all settings - more than once. The main reason for the duplication seems to be reopening the message in Outlook. Every time I do, I can get a new copy of the RFP. This should be something to do with how Exchange and the BB interaction, since there appears to be a problem with my IMAP account tuffmail. The lack of two-way synchronization is described in this Knowledge Base article. That and the lack of support folder is really frustrating. I still think that speaks ill of BB email when supposed to be "their thing."

Most problems are caused by duplication of what is called "loops." This is usually caused by trying to synchronize with two different sources. An example would be me and Google Mobile. Or a change of server and one exchange server. The quick solution is hard to synchronize with a single. I can sync my contacts with Mobile. I can sync my calendar with Google. No duplicates. Now, if in my example sync my contacts with Mobile Me and Google, I have duplicates in my contacts every time you synchronize. Moral of this story, at the risk of repeating myself, synchronize only a specific category with a cloud service. You can sync contacts and calendars with each other, but not try to synchronize with a source or more than one tag.