Thread: Is it possible to export Firefox’s History?

Is it possible to export Firefox’s History?

I just want to know if there is any way by which I would be able to export the history in any readable file like notepad. I have not come across this method anywhere in the internet and hence I presume that I am the one who is trying with this method. So it feels to be great experimenting with something new. So in this process I want to take some help from you all guys. So what do you all think about the same can I go ahead with the process or is it not possible at all.

Re: Is it possible to export Firefox’s History?

Well I have got a method for you. I am sure that it will be very useful for you. Basically what you will have to do is that install the Enhanced History Manager and the OpenBook extensions in the browser. Now what you will have to do is that open the history of the browser using Enhanced History Manager, now select all the items from the history that you want to get exported. After having selected the items then right click on it and choose bookmark these links, now what you have to do is open a new folder in which openbook extension preferences is set to automatically add bookmarks. Now the bookmarked items will get added in that folder and that will allow me to read all the files.

Ok, thanks for the method when I and my friend was reading this method, my friend suggested me that on trying with this method will actually crash the file because the history of my browser is actually large and I don’t think so the method is effective for the large history files. Any other method that you have got for the large history files, if anyone of you are having any knowledge about the same then please do share it with me. Since I think the above method is only for anyone having small history files.

Well for the large history files then what you will have to do is a very simple solution. First copy the history.dat file in a Mozilla suite browser profile. Now in the bookmarks manager window, set up a new folder that you want it as a bookmark folder. So now after having set that folder, select all the history items, right click on it and bookmark all of them. They will get automatically added in the folder that you had created. So do try this method for the large history files. It is a much better effective option.

Thanks for the quick and the prompt reply that you all have given and I would like to thank you all for the efforts that you all have given and thanks for the solutions that you all have provided. I must say that it definitely did really help. I did copied the history.dat file in a Mozilla suite browser and thats it everything was done and my problem got solved. So appreciate your efforts for helping me in here.