Thread: Installing Windows media player 11 plug-in for Opera 11

Installing Windows media player 11 plug-in for Opera 11

Hello to all, I just wanted to know something more about the Windows Media Player 11 and its plug-in with opera support. However I know that WMP11 plug-in has become the headache for many Windows Vista users, it is giving more and more error to many user. But I am here to know about WMP11 plug-in with opera. I have already installed WMP11 and opera on my system, if WMP11 is successfully has been installed then opera must recognize it automatically, but it not doing for me. I have tried many ways like uninstall and reinstall, but not going for my way. Can anyone help? I want to know more about it.

Re: Installing Windows media player 11 plug-in for Opera 11

Hello friend, you are right, it has been seen from many days that WMP11 plug-in is giving more error to opera users. Well looking at your case I must say that you might be using Windows Vista 64bit, which have more problem with WMP11. However I have one method for you, just download plug-in from website, it will be a zip file, extract it to following path “C:\programfiles\opera\program\plug-in” one you extract this reboot your computer and see whether it is working or not. If it is not working then try to extract np-mswmp.dll file on following path “C:\programfiles\plug-ins\np-mswmp.dll to opera plug-in folder. Finally restart the PC now you will be able to use WMP11 plug-in with opera. All the best!!

Hello everyone. I also want to share some information about WMP11 plug-in and opera support. If you don’t find above method is problem solving then I have another solution for you all. Just try it and see it is working for you or not. NOTE: I don’t know whether it will work on Windows Vista 64-bit. If above method doesn’t work then you might be missing some important file? Then try to download WMP11 plug-in from official website of opera, and check for following file, it is there or not:
    • Npds.zip
    • Npdsplay.dll
    • Npwmsdrm.dll

Copy and paste these files in opera plug-ins directory for WMP11 to work with opera. Just check for it and see it is working for you or not, and keep in mind that you must reboot system after this step. All the best!

Hey thanks man, I have tried your method, and I am glad that it worked for me as well. Actually I am working in press, and I usually look live streaming news video on my system. but because of this Windows Vista 64-bit problem I was not able to do that. Yes these methods are not working on Vista 64bit, I don’t know why? After that I came back to 32-bit and applied all your method and ideas to opera browser plug-ins folder, and finally it worked for me. Thanks a lot again.

Hello everyone, I also want to share some more info about my experience with opera. I was using opera as well as Firefox on the system. Both browser were having their own plug-ins in own directories. WMP11 plug-in was working properly with Firefox, but not with opera though I have installed WMP11 plug-in for opera also and it was there in opera Plug-in folder. I thought system is getting confused between same plug-in of different browser. But your method has solved the problem as well as my flash player also working well, which was also disturbed from this. Thanks you