Thread: Need information regarding delete about: config entry on Firefox

Need information regarding delete about: config entry on Firefox

I have installed the windows 7 on mine system and I have also using the Firefox on mine system. On Firefox I have found some entries in my about: config settings and I want to delete this. Can anyone help on this issue? Pref.js looked in the file, but there is no entry to be deleted. I also tried to set the default value, but without success. I guess this has no effect on performance, but it would be nice if someone can help me clean the house. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance. The following are the entries that are found in the about: config settings.
    browser.search.param.yahoo-fr
    browser.search.param.yahoo-fr-cjkt
    browser.search.param.yahoo-fr-ja

Re: Need information regarding delete about: config entry on Firefox

I have also entries and more on Yahoo. That is set to default, means that there is a theme set by the user or an extension input. This means it is part of the "base" of Firefox installed and mainly probable has to do through search bar top right hand element of the browser hold a Yahoo search option among the engine as it do a Google option. Yahoo's entry does not cause any damage which might want to leave it there ... or I guess I could try to eliminate the search through the Yahoo search engine management through the drop down arrow to the icon for that section and then try your restore

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. to do this you need to follow the steps below: first close the all application and after that open the Firefox and after that you can remove the all entries of my about:config settings by hitting the reset button on my about:config settings. Once you done this restart your Firefox and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

Hello thanks for replying and I would appreciate your suggestion. I have tried your steps but it doesn’t helped me. I have tried to delete the entries by creating resetting but when I tried the reset button was turned into gray and it value has been set to moz35. Now I don’t how to remove this can anyone help on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

You can search your system to remove Yahoo and Yahoo search engines that are installed with Firefox after you remove the search engine drop-down menu under "Manage Search Engines" no ill affects unless a site you visit uses Yahoo for its search engine on the site. There are also some content and the options available in the "Content" tab. I have found are Gmail and Yahoo, as well as options under the "mail to:" the issue and there may be others that you may have and not use.