Thread: How to prevent exit window in OOB mode on SilverLight 4

How to prevent exit window in OOB mode on SilverLight 4

Hello everyone, I am making one project SilverLight 4, my problem is I need cancel the closing of my application in some cases. However I have tried MainWindowClosing event, but it is not working every time, sometime it works but not working every time on server. So I am stuck and confused how to do it, does it work in SilverLight 4 OOB mode? I have almost checked on every website related to it, but I am not finding my way to be clear. So if anyone can help here? Every single solution is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!

Re: How to prevent exit window in OOB mode on SilverLight 4

Hey I have seen your problem; well looking at your case you must try the official website of SilverLight and Visual Studio, there you will find some readymade examples which will solve your problem, because I was having the same issue and I have solved it from these websites only. As per my experience with SilverLight website, I think it will solve your problem, if it is not working for you then just store the initial in MainWindowClosing Event, and also try to some change in web.config setting of Visual Studio. All the Best! Enjoy your Website.

There you are!! Hello everyone, looking at above post I must say that you are going exactly with the solution. On addition I wanted to tell you that if you have made constructor, then from constructor it will not fire MainWindowClosing event, if you are writing Application.Current.MainWindow+=Main_Window_Closing
    But you want to fire it, then replace it with Application.Current.MainWindow by a global variable: private Window_MainWindow = Application.Current.MainWindow; when you will do this this will solve your closing window application. All the best!!!

Hey thanks friend for helping me, I have tried to follow each step you have written above. But when I tried to above code it was not working for me, after 2 to 3 attempts I came to know that I have not made constructor for that code. After that when I made constructor on top with global and private variable, I put Application.Current.MainWindow code it finally worked for me. I am very happy that I have made it, but mu friend without you it was not possible. Thanks a lot man, and thanks to all.