Thread: How to add SilverLight 3 on current ASP.NET 2.0 web project.

How to add SilverLight 3 on current ASP.NET 2.0 web project.

Hello everyone, I know I will too many solutions here that’s why t I am writing in this forum. I wanted to know about SilverLight, as I have recently started using it. I wanted to start a new project in it, so I would like to know that, is it possible to add SilverLight 3 in existing ASP 2.0 website? Usually I make pages in ASP.net, for that I crate page using Visual Web Express2010, add page to Web server directory, type the address in browser, add bin file to bin folder. So these are normal steps which I follow to make pages. I have already checked for new project for SilverLight3 in ASP.net but there no new file available for it in ASP.net. can anyone help me out with this? Please reply to this post. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to add SilverLight 3 on current ASP.NET 2.0 web project.

Hey I have read your post, first i wanted to tell you thank for your trust on us. Looking at your problem I would like to tell you that, SilverLight is not part of your web project. Your ASP project executes on the server side and it sends output to client browser as per his request. SilverLight application is different application which is downloaded and executed on client side instead of Server side. However it is very easy to add SilverLight to an existing web project is very easy. You just add SilverLight as it is in normal way, on adding it will ask you that you would like to add it on existing page, when it will ask at that time just click yes and your problem will get solve. After that you just have to embed SilverLight application using an <object> tag. I think this will be enough for you, just try it and do reply to me about it. All the best!

Hello everyone, I am also having the same question after searching on almost every website related to it, finally my problem got solves over here. Thanks friend, I am very happy that I have got answer. I have many times seen that whenever you do some changes in page every time you need to do changes in web.config and also in bin directory. But in this case there is no issue regarding Web.config and bin directory. You just have create a SilverLight page using Visual Web Developer 2010 or any version, add all pages to web directory and in test.aspx put <object> tag to embed it with ASP.net. After that framework 2.0 will start working with SilverLight 3 pages without making any changes to Web.config and Bin directory. I have solved my problem, thanks a lot again.

Hello everyone, as everyone’s problem are solve over here, I also have some questions in my mind, however I have tried it on my own, somewhere I got success and somewhere I got more confused, so then please reply to post if possible. My question are below:
    • is it possible that SilverLight auto detect a Webcam attached to PC?
    • I wanted to put Camera view screen at left corner.is it possible?

These are my doubts so if anyone can give me solution, I will be very thankful to that person.

Well looking at your confusion, I must say that the thing which you are trying is 100% possible in theory; technically speaking I don’t know the exact step for it as I have left using it. But issue regarding webcam and camera view screen is possible in SilverLight 4, it is not supported in SilverLight 3. It’s good that you are using Visual Studio 2010, so you will not found any error for SilverLight 4 within it. If you want to upload Camera screen view, you just have to upload that picture to your server and then do OCR work there. I think this will solve your doubts and query if you find your way then just do reply to this post. All the Best!