Thread: Unable to play videos on Internet Explorer after installing Silverlight

Unable to play videos on Internet Explorer after installing Silverlight

Hi, I have Windows 7 installed in my system. I have got Internet Explorer 8 and Microsoft Silverlight 4 installed in my sytem. As far as I know all the required softwares and plug-ins are installed in my system, but still I am facing this problem. When I click on any video clips to play it on YouTube or any other sight, I am unable to play them. I am unable to rectify the problem. What must be the cause of this problem? Anybody has got solution for my trouble, then please help me. Your suggestion are appreciated.

Re: Unable to play videos on Internet Explorer after installing Silverlight

You should do the basic checking first. Check whether the video is not playing only when you are trying to open it from Internet Explorer or the problem exist with other problems also like the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If the problem exists with all the browsers then you should reinstall Silverlight again in your system. Uninstall the previous version and install the latest available version of Silverlight and check whether the problem still exists or not. And if the problem is only with the Internet Explorer then you should uninstall it and reinstall the latest version of it. Once you done installing fresh Internet Explorer, restart your system and check if the problem is solved or not.

You must be having some compatibility issue with some add-ons installed in your Internet Explorer. You should disable the add-ons and then check whether your problem is solved or not. If your problem is solved after disabling the add-ons then you should remove the add-on which must be creating troubles for you. You can disable the add-ons by going to the following path: Tools > Manage Add-ons. Disable each add-on one after other and check out which one is the main reason behind the problems. Once you have found the culprit, get rid of it and enable the remaining ones.

It is possible that you must be using 64 bit version of Internet Explorer in your system. If yes then I am sorry to say that Silverlight 4 is only for the 32 bit version of Internet Explorer. That is why it might not be working in your Internet Browser. I would suggest you to uninstall the current version of Internet Explorer installed in your system and download the 32 bit version of Internet Explorer. Install it and then install silverlight. You should also try to update your flash player to the latest version. Update it by visiting the Adobe Flash’s official website.

Thank you everyone, who made those efforts to help me get rid of my problem. The replies were really quick and very much helpful for me. I had installed the 64 bit Internet Explorer in my system and that is why I was facing those troubles. I uninstalled it as you said above and installed the 32 version of Internet Explorer. I performed an update of Flash as well as installed Silverlight and luckily everything worked. Now I am able to play any videos on any website with much issue. This was made possible just because of your help. Once again, Thanks for your kindness.

just use google chrome via netflix and chalk it up as microsoft mystery number 1001 . you'll be happy you did they cant fix it casue there are too many fools in the kitchen also xbox and windows live team are busy with trying to solve word problems on public television dont expect support there either.