Thread: Even though computer is connected to the internet still IE8 cannot connect to the internet

Even though computer is connected to the internet still IE8 cannot connect to the internet

While other programs like AOL connection and clicked on the link connecting to diagnose problems when the page says that Internet Explorer cannot display the web page and has not appeared at all. I have also tried to solve the problem through the Microsoft website. This problem seems to occur after my computer automatically installed some updates last night, before it was working fine. I am running Internet Explorer 8 on a Windows Vista. Can anyone solve this issue and so that I can solve mine issue

Re: Even though computer is connected to the internet still IE8 cannot connect to the internet

You can uninstall the updates to resolve the connection problem. Click Start, Control Panel, then Programs, click Uninstall a program. Click View installed updates and scroll through the list of changes until you find KB952004, KB956572, KB959426 and KB960803. Double-click the update at a time and choose uninstall. You will get a popup that asks if you want to uninstall the update, click Yes, if you have UAC enabled you will be prompted for a password or click continue, please do so. The update then is deleted. Now once you complete this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

Re: Even though computer is connected to the internet still IE8 cannot connect to the internet

The computer connects to the Internet, but I cannot get on the internet. The operating system is Internet Explorer 7. Some time ago I upgraded to Internet Explorer 8, and then decided to uninstall it. That was when the trouble began. Now, when I click the icon for Internet Explorer, all I see is a blank screen with our website in the address bar. It is only until a few seconds and then returns to the screen with all the icons on it. To my knowledge, we have lost all files and folders, but I just cannot get on the internet even though the computer is connected to it. I have little knowledge about computers. Has anyone had this problem and how I can fix it?

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this you need to follow steps below: go to the start icon and after that make hit on the run. Now under the run program type cmd and then hit the ok button. Now under the command prompt type the following and then hit the ok button.
    Sfc/scannow
    Now once you finish the scanning restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I've been through this same problem and would like to suggest the following steps, so you can solve your problem. To do these go to Internet Explorer and after making a hit on the Tools menu and then select the Internet. Now, under Internet Options go to the advanced tab and then make a stroke on the reset button and hit the reset again. Now, once you finish this hit the OK button and after passing through the problem. I hope this will help you lot.

I would like to advise you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. to do this go to the following steps. First close the all program and after that make hit on the start and after that stroke on the run and on the run type cmd and then click on the ok button. Now under the command prompt type the following and then hit the enter aftger every command:
    netsh int ip reset reset.log
    Reset WINSOCK
    netsh winsock reset catalog
    Now once you complete these steps then restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I think you need to uninstall the network adapter and so that you can solve your issue. to do this go through the following steps: go to the device manager and after that make click on the Expand Network Adapter and after that make right click on the internet network adapter and after that remove it. Now again go to the device manager and then right click on the adapter and then make hit on the update driver. Now once you updated then restart your system and after that go through your issue.