Thread: Voice Chat in most of the messenger is not working

Voice Chat in most of the messenger is not working

I am having some issue with voice chatting on my system. I am not able to figure out the reason behind that. I am using Skype after trying up several tools for voice chatting. Skype is quiet a nice tool where you can talk to your friends. What is happening here is that when I say something, my voice reaches to the other end after 10 seconds. It is not instant. I had done this before in cyber cafe's where this was not the issue. I have a good internet connection also and it is shared in my home network. I had not yet subscribed for any voice chat services because of this issue. Does this is related to any software issue.

Re: Voice Chat in most of the messenger is not working

That is called as latency where your sound goes to the other end after some time. The higher latency the slower the sound travels. You can try contacting your ISP for that. It looks a issue of slow internet. Does when you are chatting the internet line is occupied by others. So if some is downloading or playing games online then that reduces your broadband speed. You must have a better line to chat normally. Some time it also depends on your system hardware.

Try updating your sound drivers. I think you are using a sound card. In today's system we got a sound chip on the motherboard itself. If you are using a sound card then that means you either need a replacement for that or you will need to run a new driver update for the same. Get new driver and try to fix the sound card on a different slot. Sometime a driver updates fix the maximum issue of an operating system. Try getting new mic also.

A microphone can integrated or external. I have a mac system and I faced a similar issue while working on conference. I borrowed that system for sometime. And for that issue I had run some software update's. But still there was a bit low noise issue and then I preferred buying external USB microphone. And my issue was sorted. All other things worked fine without any issue. The latency is surely a hardware fault. Try using some different chatting tool.

Go and check the sound properties. If you are using Windows then you will need to go n Control Panel and then in Audio devices. Check the settings of your microphone. I think from your side you are having issue and from other side you are getting a proper clear sound. I will recommend you to have a look on the same first and then check the ports. Try a different type of jack. There is a additional on the backside of the system on the motherboard.

Increase your systems bandwidth and then check back. It is definitely due to bandwidth issue. If you are sharing internet line from a phone line then you will have to contact the isp provider. Sometime you also hear a echo or disturbance in the background that can be due to the line fault. So better contact your isp and get a fix on the same. There other tools that can let you to test your sound and sound card. Try to use them, run a driver update also.