Thread: Unable to watch streaming videos on IE9

Unable to watch streaming videos on IE9

Guys I have recently upgraded from IE8 to IE9 on my Windows 7, I had no issues with IE8 but now with IE9 when I try for streaming the videos of shows of BBC or ABC on Xfinity/fancast, videos doesn’t start at all, I just see “starting playback” on my screen. But when I tried to stream videos on other channels it, I was able to see the videos. I don’t know what’s wrong with those channel, I think the problem is with IE9 because I was able to see videos on IE8. I tried to work on Pop-up blocker, browser history, java add-ons , and ComcastAccess but nothing worked.

Re: Unable to watch streaming videos on IE9

Yeah it’s a problem with Internet Explorer 9 not with the channels. I had same kind of problem I was not able to view any streaming video so I just downloaded latest Adobe Flash Player 10.2.153.1 for my Windows 7. You can select your OS while downloading the player. And if you have 32bit and 64 bit Internet Explorer then you will definitely need the 32bit and 64bit square. I guess your problem will be solved after downloading the player.

Hey mate I am having the same issue with IE9. After reading the above post I installed Flash Player “square” but I can’t watch shows on Xfinity/fancast and as well as on Hulu.com because some shows are not specific to Comcast. I had tried many things like above user and I had also turned off the Firewall. But things are not working for me. I likes IE9 look its really nice and very simple but I have to downgrade to IE8 to watch those shows.

Yeah some shows are not there on Comcast.com so I visited to Hulu.com and I had same problem in starting but when I checked some of the forums on this site and on Google, I found that Hulu does not give good performance on IE9 32 bit and I had IE9 32bit so I upgraded to IE9 64 bit and finally guys it worked out for me. I think same thing happened with you just upgrade to the Internet Explorer 64bit and things will be fine.

Guys it can be due to the any issue with Hulu it works perfectly with 64bit but only when you have flash player also of 64 bit. And maybe it’s because the users Flash player is not up to date, if that is the case update your flash player and things will be fine. Or you can use a software by Microsoft i.e Microsoft Fixit you can search for it on Google. Just Run it and follow the command prompt instructions. And one more thing you can do is update your Windows and choose windows Media player as default player then try on sites.

Guys first of all thanks a lot for your replies, I have posted same query on many sites and as well as to Comcast. And Comcast reverted back to me and they said that downgrade to IE8 because it’s a issue with IE9 and windows have to resolve it till that time I have to use IE8. But I didn’t tried out your solutions yet so first I will try all the above solutions and if the problem will not be resolved then I will downgrade to IE8. Thanks a lot guys for your help.

I was thoroughly frustrated and simply used Google Chrome or Firefox without any problems