Thread: Internet Explorer 8: Unable to download .docx file from the Outlook Web Access

Internet Explorer 8: Unable to download .docx file from the Outlook Web Access

Well I have recently installed Internet Explorer 8 on the computer of mine. At the first look I really loved the look and feel of this browser. I am getting an issue with this particular browser. I am unable to download the .docx document. Due to this matter I am unable to make use of .docx file. Let me know if you are having any suggestion to solve the matter of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 8: Unable to download .docx file from the Outlook Web Access

In this particular problem I want to ask some specific question which you can use to solve the problem of yours. Let me know which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Do you working with the email servers? Have you ever faced the above mentioned issue on the previous version of Internet Explorer? You should answer the above mentioned thing so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem.

Re: Internet Explorer 8: Unable to download .docx file from the Outlook Web Access

I am providing temporary fix which you can use to fix the problem of yours. Well I recommend that you should save the desired docx file into Zip file and rename the same with the extension file with .docx file. Once you have done you should try to open the file into Microsoft Word which you have installed on the computer. After doing the same you will not have an issue while opening of the .docx file on the computer of yours.

I am providing registry solution which you can use to fix the problem of yours. Well I recommend that you should backup the registry of the system why because you if something wrong happen you can restore the registry.You should open the registry editor on the computer and search for the following registry on the computer of yours.
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MIME_HANDLING and
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MIME_SNIFFING
    You should modify the DWORD values with 1 and 0 respectively. After doing the above mentioned thing you should reboot the computer. I am hoping that it will help you to solve the problem of yours.

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am having a specific solution which you can use to fix the problem of yours. You should click on the Start button and go for Run and enter ‘CMD’ without typing quotes and press enter. Make sure that you have launched the command prompt with administrative privileges. Now copy paste the following command on the command prompt.
    Code:
    reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Internet /v OpenDocumentsReadWriteWhileBrowsing /t REG_DWORD /d 01
    after doing the same you should restart the computer. Let me know the results of the above mentioned thing.

Well it’s a universal problem as far as Internet Explorer 8 is concerned. I have found number of users who are having the similar issue. I recommend that you should use Mozilla Firefox instead of using Internet Explorer. I have not found any issue in to Firefox which you have mentioned over here. Firefox is seems to work fine in the above mentioned situation. So you should simply change the browser rather than facing so much trouble.

I am suspecting that this particular thing is occurring due to programming bug in the browser. So according to me you should bug report to the Microsoft for this particular problem. you should provide all the information regarding the system configuration and the problem which you are facing. They will work around on the situation and let you know about the more specific solution which you can use to solve the problem of yours.