Thread: Bing Local listing not giving any results

Bing Local listing not giving any results

I have one of my friend who had a bing local listing and that too he had verified back in September 2010. However now when I tried searching him in the local listing then the results did not display anything about him, now why is that so? Now when i search by the client name then I did enter his name, so it showed nothing and also when I wanted to know about the business locations then also I could not find anything there. so when I asked him to verify about the same he said that its status is showing as verified, so now why is it not getting displayed in the local listing? Any idea then please let me know about it.

Re: Bing Local listing not giving any results

Just check for the current state of the listing when you login at the bing, may be that information will tell you something about the current status. So check out for that first. Also check if there is any message from the bing people about the service being interrupted or not. I think its very necessary to keep a track of all these things that I have suggested you. So do check it and get back to me with whatever response that you have got from there.

See there is my verification date and the last update information is given and plus a message by the support staff saying that the listing will be displayed on the searches in around 24-72 hours, on addition to that it is mentioned that they are working on the behind the screen changes and they will take some time for the updates to be carried out. So that’s what the information that you all needed I have given you here. So tell me what next?

See with the message that they have given it seems to me that with the changes in their procedure and all it can happen that your friends name might not appear. However from when is it happening you have said that your account got verified in the month of September then have you checked the local listing from then on, if it was being displayed and suddenly if your friends name might have disappeared then there is nothing to worry about it because as the message says they are working on some changes and hence there might be some problem with the updates. So be patient it will get displayed.

See that’s their problem if they are carrying out some changes then they must make sure that their clients name does not miss out in the listings. How can only my friends name does not appear in the listing and rest others name does appear. So I don’t think so it has to do anything with the update services that they are carrying on, the matter is else only. Anything more that you can suggest here then please do notify me.

See if you are having problem then it is better that you contact the Maps Support directly may be they will address you with the issue. see I have said it clearly that the problem is with the updates service and hence it is giving you problem, if you don’t want to listen to then that is the last option that you can try. May be they will be able to explain you properly on this issue. So go ahead and have a talk and I am sure that you will be getting the same response.