Thread: How to Auto refresh web page in firefox 4

How to Auto refresh web page in firefox 4

I had installed and download the Mozilla firefox 4 in the laptop which is of Dell inspiron 6000 having windows vista basic as the operating system present in it. As I have installed in it, it is working fine till I have tried the last time. But I just want to do some of the setting in it which will give me some good functions in it and also help in improvising the browser, the features that I am talking about is the refreshing f the web page in the firefox. I just wanted some method that will help me in getting the web page that is present in the firefox to be refreshed on an hourly basis. Also I have provided some code below and I want to modify it in such away that it will just happen for some pages that is present in it.
    The code that is provided is as follows:

Code:
    run http://www.rediff.com/
    IfWinActive ahk_class MozillaUIWindowClass 
    { 
    ^R:: 
    loop 
    { 
    WinWaitActive, ahk_class MozillaUIWindowClass 
    if ErrorLevel 
    { 
    WinWait timed out 
    return 
    } 
    else 
    { 
    send {F5} 
    sleep 360000 
    } 
    }

Re: How to Auto refresh web page in firefox 4

I just went through the problem that you are facing and I found out some of the solution for it, but first of all I have no idea about the coding that is been used in it, but I have found out some of the Add-on which will help you in getting the service and the method that you want in it, this kind of Add-on will be present in the homepage of the firefox and it will provide all the other Add-on that is present in it, so just have a look in it and see which you like and which you don’t from it.

Hey thanks for the solution that you have provided to me, there were many Add-on and It was best of the best that I have ever seen in it, so I was confused of about how and which one to use in my browser, so I have decided to use each one which is been used by many other users that are using firefox in it, so I think that it will help me in coming out of the problem very soon.

I completely agree with you that the add-on that are present in the Mozilla is great and the performance and the end result that is provide by them is Awesome, but I have seen that some of the add-on are such develop that they just are compatible with some of the version that are present of the firefox, I don’t know why it is but it is really happening n that way, I think the problem is that it is not been developed for all the Add-on, and only for some specific version of the browser, also there is other Add-on which is not well developed for doing the function that you are searching foe, so just be careful while searching for the same, just go with the review that are been provide about the add-on that is present in it.

According to me I think that the AHK that you are using is not good for the method of refreshing. This is specially for the programmer who are just the beginner, go for something that it something easier and it will work, I have seen that if you do any of the mistake in the code, then it is more worse then what you are now, so just try to learn the all the post message and the other concept which is related I it, and once you have done that the just go with the modification of the code that you want to do.

I just tried the code thing and seen how it is working, but it was very difficult when you do it in the Tab, so to work with the code it is better that you just do it in the new windows, I tried the code and se if it is working or not in it.
    Code:
    !r::

Initial := !initial
    if !initial
    {
    SetTimer, refresh, Off
    msgbox, Auto-refresh deactivated.
    return
    }

inputbox, titty,, title of the webpage?,, 240,120

inputbox, minny,, the Time between the Refreshment?,, 280,120

msgbox, Starting. press ALT-R to deactivate refreshing.

milly := minny * 1000 * 60

SetTimer, refresh, %milly%

return

refresh:
    controlsend MozillaWindowClass1,{F5},%titty%
    return