Thread: Where is the search bar or Google Search Bar In IE 9

Where is the search bar or Google Search Bar In IE 9

I installed the latest Internet Explorer 9 in my system which is running Windows XP Operating system in it. I don’t know but I am not liking the new looks of it. Before in older version of Internet Explorer I used to constantly use the search bar but now I am unable to find out where it s. It seems that the search bar has gone missing from the Internet Explorer 9’s window. So can anyone tell me how I can turn on the Search bar (the Google Search Bar) back like it was in the earlier version of Internet Explorer. Suggestions will be appreciated. Please help.

Re: Where is the search bar or Google Search Bar In IE 9

The search bar is not missing; it is just hidden in the address bar. If you want to perform search, just type the term you want to search on the address bar and you will see search suggestions at the bottom of the dropdown list. The search list shown matches your search term from your History and Favorites. If you are unable to see any options under the address bar while you are inserting your search terms then probably Autocomplete for your Address bar is turned off. You can turn it on from the Autocomplete options dialog. The search keywords work even if the Autocomplete option is turned off.

Hey, thanks for your quick post. It was very kind of you to take some time and reply my post. The solution was very helpful. The Microsoft tech team has done a lot of changes in the new Internet Explorer 9. The looks is amazing but at some place, where they have integrated many functions within each other, like the Search and the address bar is very innovative but little confusing for people like me who like things to me simple rather than two much complicated. I would also like to know how can we add or remove a Search provider from the browser. Please help.

Do the following to add new providers:
    Start typing the term which you want to search in the Address bar. A drop-down list will appear. Click on Add and select the search provider you wish to add. Check the “Use search suggestions from this provider” checkbox if you want to enable the search suggestions for the selected provider.A button for the added search provider will be displayed in the drop-down list from the Address Bar. This features will make switching between providers easy and fast when you are browsing. Switching between search providers is just one button click away.

You can Add/Remove a provider by doing the following:
    • Click on Tools in the Menu bar
    • Click on the Manage Add-ons.
    • Now select Search Providers from the left side panel.
    • To remove a provider, just highlight the provider and click the remove button.

If you wish to change your default provider, remove a provider or wish to switch the order of any buttons in the search box, click on the Tool menu of the menu bar. Then click on Manage Add-ons and then select the Search Providers under Add-on Types.

Everyone who made the effort to help me, Thank you a lot. It was very sweet and kind of you people to remove some time and help someone totally strange to you people. I was getting irritated when I was not able to locate the search bar. And it was just under my nose all the time. I somewhat liked few features of the new Internet Explorer 9 and dislike some. Integrating the search bar and the address bar is very innovative and a good method to reduce unnecessary wastage of toolbar space. But it can be irritating for few peoples, like I got in starting, if they are unable to find out that the search bar and the address bar are integrated with each other.