Thread: Closed tabs reopen automatically when restarting the Firefox 4

Closed tabs reopen automatically when restarting the Firefox 4

Hello, recently I had downloaded the latest version of the firefox 4 with the help of the internet explorer 8, I did this because the performance of the internet explorer was bad when compare with the firefox. So once when I download and install it in the computer which is having windows xp operating system in it, I saw that the error was occurring in it, the error was that when I used to close the tab in the firefox, it should go away from it, but as I use to restart the browser again by closing the whole main file (not the sub file inside the Firefox) the previous close tabs that was present in it was getting opened in it. So now what to do about this thing, please help me in this.

Re: Closed tabs reopen automatically when restarting the Firefox 4

I was also facing this problem when I had downloaded this thing, but I was able to overcome from the problem as soon as possible by doing some extensive research on the firefox. I have seen that the problem was in the files which are present in the profile folder named as sessionstore.js and the sessionstore.bak. The problem is occurred from these two files only regarding the problem that you have spoken about. Just try to delete the files from the profile Folder, which will help in coming out of the problem in it. You can do this by going to help and then go in the Troubleshooting Information and then in the Profile Directory which will have the option of the open containing folders. In that you will find the files like sessionstore-##.js the left part will have some number present in it, and then this will delete this files present in it.

Did you tried with the other browser that is present in the internet, which will help in coming out of the problem that you are facing in it, so just try with the Opera browser, which has some unique features present in it, I have seen that the Turbo function which is present in it, help you to boost the internet setting and also opening the pages faster when the connection is low of the internet. Also there are many other features present in it which will help in coming out of the problem that you are facing in it.

Did you check the setting in the option of the browser that you are using, the problem is that the tabs are been opened at random, also the problem is that when the history is present in the browser, the previous tabs are been opened in it, so just try with the setting which will help in not remembering the history and once the history is not been seen then the problem will be not present in it, so just give a try to see with this.

I was also facing the same kind of the problem that you people are been having in the firefox, when I used to use the firefox for a long time, and I used to open a lot of the tabs in it, but when I used to close the firefox tabs then I used to open again after 5 sec, I was not able to find it in the start but after sometime I was able to figure that the problem is present in the firefox, but I am not able to find the solution to it so please help me in this thing.

I have seen that the auto-saving sessions service is been storing the windows and all the tab that are present in it after opening the browser, or you can put this in another way like it just open the last present address in the browser history, so you can do the following things in it. This kind of the problem comes because of the exiting and starting and also with the restarting of the browser, so the basic solution for this kind of the problem is to just loads one tab at that time and don’t open many tabs every time you see it. I hope this temporary solution will help you to overcome the problem that you are facing in it.