Thread: BitDefender using the file "parent.lock" in Firefox

BitDefender using the file "parent.lock" in Firefox

I have come across many post in the internet concerning about the problem of the message "Firefox is already running but is not responding". I tried the entire possible thing to come out of the issue that I am facing but I am not able to do any of these things, also I have noticed that the Firefox was shut down in a normal method and also it was not running in the task manager. I just thought to use the software known as “Process Explorer" to see if different running software might be via the file "parent.lock". Once when I ran the software I saw that the "Bit Defender was been used from the Internet Security 2010" and it was using in a large quantity. Using "Process Explorer", I tried that the “Process Explorer" to get rid of BitDefender's which is handling the parent lock. I am now able to start the Fire fox in a proper manner, so the thing is that whenever I restart the computer I have to do the same thing everything that I have mentioned above. So now how to get rid of the problem that I am facing in it.

Re: BitDefender using the file "parent.lock" in Firefox

I am also facing the same issue with Firefox and thunderbird due to the presence of the bitdefender, the way to remove this thing is to search the .Dll file and remove it which is related to it, the file most like ly will be found in the bitdefender directory but I am not sure that it will work or not in it, i have removed all the services and .sys files the only thing that is running is vsserv and bdfsfltr.sys and it is still capable of removing the viruses automatically when it find it. I am not interested in the internet scanning as it stopping the entire emails from google, also there is no option that is present which will deactivate them in any of the case. So just try this thing and tell how it works with you.

frequently I am stuck or you can say that the website which I use just get lock like you can say that when I use goggle for any purpose then It provide me with the error message like “BitDefender 2011,This web page has been blocked by Bit Defender Antivirus Real-time Protection!”. The page which is blocked by Bit Defender consist matter that were infected by the virus or it was in the verge of getting infected in it. All recent websites that I am using is giving the same message in it, also it give the same when I try to move in the other webpage. this thing recently started and nothing was installed in it, after this thing all the webpage that is present in it is working in a proper manner, I have also seen that the download and the upload at that particular time is been paused and also doesn’t start.

The problem was present with me and I was not able to come out of it, but I was somehow tried to come out of it with the help of the solution that I have seen. I tried manually updating the Bitdefender with the help of the internet, I have seen that the update issues in the antivirus was not happening as it was having some problem in it, also cleared all the recent history that was present in the browser of the firefox that I am using in it, this was done from the option setting that was given in the browser, after I doing all this thing, I restart the computer and after the restarting of the computer has been done then it helped me in coming out of the problem that I was facing in a temporary manner.

I was also having the similar kind of the problem when I tried using the Firefox for the first time, I have seen that the, before this I was using Google chrome, and I had to remove it because it was taking a lot of memory in the task manager as it was showing in it, so now whenever I try to open the site of my choice I am not able to come out of it, as it just get hand there for some time and it will work only if I restart the browser after doing save and quit option that is present in it. So now how to come out of the problem that I am facing in it.

I think the problem is in the internet setting that you are using in it, I have seen that the antivirus just scan all the pages that are present in it, which will take a bit time to come out of the scanning thing, so just try to change the minute setting of the antivirus, and also see the effect of it once you have done all the setting in it, I think the main problem is in the antivirus only. Also keep the update that are present in the browser on so that the latest security tools that are present and developed in the Firefox will help in coming out of the problem and also saving you from all the dangerous virus and all the methods that are present in it.