Thread: Mozilla Firefox 4 overlapping other windows

Mozilla Firefox 4 overlapping other windows

I am getting an issue after installed Mozilla Firefox 4 on the computer of mine. well I have noticed that when any software is running on the computer and the Firefox is running in to background and when I am trying to back the Firefox on the front and it simply overlaps the active window. I have not seen this particular problem on the previous version of the Firefox. Let me know if you are having any solution to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Mozilla Firefox 4 overlapping other windows

I want to ask some particular question to you which you should answer so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem on the computer of yours. first of all I want to know which operating system do you have installed on the computer? do you have done any software or hardware changes on the computer? I am suspecting that this particular issue is occurring due to the compatibility issue between any application which you have installed on the computer and the Firefox itself. Also you should attach the screenshot of the windows.

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am doubting that the issue is being happening due to the addons which is installed on the Firefox. Well I am suggesting that the you should disable the addons on the computer of yours. you should disable the addons one after another and see it is working or not. if you found that the it is happening due to addons then you should either disable or delete that particular addons form the browser.

I am suspecting that the particular thing is occurring due to add on Tabgroups manager. I want to know whether you have installed that particular add on the browser. If your answer is yes then you need to disable the same on the computer and see whether it is working on the computer. well let me know the results after doing the same on the computer of mine. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of mine.

In this particular problem I am thinking that this particular problem is occurring due to the corrupted user profile. I am suggesting that you should rename the content-prefs.sqlite to the content-prefs.sqlite.old or simply delete the same from the computer and see whether it is working or not. try the above mentioned thing and see whether it is working or not. I am hoping that it will help you out.

I recommend that you should switch to the default theme.
    • You need to click on the Tools of the menu and choose the Add-ons. You need to select the Appearance panel and it is called Theme.
    • You should choose the default theme and simply click on the Use Theme button.
    • Now you should restart the Firefox and see whether it is working or not.
    • You should see whether it is working or not.