Thread: Unable to open PDF file on Mozilla Firefox 4

Unable to open PDF file on Mozilla Firefox 4

this particular forum helped me lots of time to fix the problem of mine. now again I am having an issue and I am looking for the solution from the users of this particular forum. I have found that the PDF file is not working on the Firefox 4 which I have installed recently. I have found that the PDF file is opening on the Internet Explorer and Safari which I have installed on the computer of mine. I am totally clueless regarding the solution to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to open PDF file on Mozilla Firefox 4

Well looking at the matter at first glance I am asking certain questions which you should answer the same so that I can tell you about the possible solution after getting answers from your side. First of all let me know which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Do you have done any recent changes on the computer? finally tell me do you have installed all the necessary addons on the browser?

I am suspecting that the problem is seems to be happening due to conflict between the addons and the browser itself. Well according to me you should try to disable the addons on the browser and see whether it is making any difference in the situation. You should boot the computer into safe mode and disable all the addons and see it is working or not. if problem is solved then I am sure that it is happening due to the addons and you should remove the addons from the computer.

I was also having the same problem which is mentioned over here. Well I have done lots of research work and I have found that the thing which is being happening due to the Content Length. I have decided that I would remove the Content Length and after doing the same I was not having an issue with the browsers. Also I have used the following header on the browser of mine.
    • Content-Type: application/x-download
    • Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="FILENAME"
    • Cache-Control: private, max-age=0, must-revalidate

In this particular situation I want to tell you something which you can use to fix the problem of yours. personally I recommend that you should go for installing the Adobe reader on the computer. you should download and install the Adobe reader on the Firefox. After doing the same you should restart the browser. I am hoping that the installing Adobe reader on the browser will help you to fix the problem of yours.

I am suggesting following steps which you can use to fix the problem of yours. Well you should go to the Control Panel and go for Default Programs and simply go for the Associate a file type with a program. You need to see that associating PDF files with the associated PDF files with the latest version of the Adobe reader. It should not be Adobe Standards. After doing the same I was able to PDF on Firefox.