Thread: Does Mozilla Firefox 4 works on Windows 7 64 bit?

Does Mozilla Firefox 4 works on Windows 7 64 bit?

Hello guys, I just want to know some sort of information on Mozilla Firefox 4.0. Right now I am having Windows 7 32bit and I am using Mozilla Firefox 4 as my default browser, I am very fond of this browser because it gives me various Add-ons which are very helpful for my work, I am planning to upgrade to Windows 7 64bit but the problem is I heard that Firefox 4 doesn’t have compatibility with Windows 7 64bit, And as I said I use Firefox add-on regularly so guys I need know does Firefox 4 is not compatible Win7 64bit.

Re: Does Mozilla Firefox 4 works on Windows 7 64 bit?

Many users have same query, even I was also confused about it because as every one of us know that Mozilla firefox 4.0 is a application for Windows 7 32 bit, so the doubt will definitely come in our mind that is it compatible with Win7 64bit. I have searched for similar query because I was planning to upgrade to Win7 64 bit, and the answer is yes Mozilla Firefox 4 is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit even if it is a application 32 bit application.

Hey buddy thanks a lot for such a quick reply, That’s little shy of relief for me. Because as I said I have many useful plugins on Mozilla firefox like Shockwave Flash 10.2, Yahoo Application State Plugin version 1.0.0.7, DRM Store Netscape Plugin, DRM Netscape Network Object, Do you know the addons like Personas and flash will work on this platform as well. And what is the compatibility of plug in Internet download manger, please help me I bit worried because of these plugins.

I think Mozilla Firefox 4 is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit, I have searched about it on Google and many of your plugins are also compatible with windows 7 64 bit. I am quite sire Personas will work on that platform too, and I think Internet Download Manager extensions will also work on Win6 64bit platform. You just have to install the 32bit version of plugins with plugins on 64bit. And yeah Flash will also work on Win7 64bit.

Well guys thanks a lot for your help and suggestions, now I am not that worried because those are the most important plug-ins for me and that was the reason I was hesitating to upgrade to win7 64bit.I have posted similar kind of query on other and Mozilla forums too but I haven’t got any response yet. Thanks a lot guys for quick reply as I was in bit hurry to upgrade as I wanted to check out the some features of 64bit. Thank you,