Thread: Green stripe appears while playing video in Mozilla Firefox 4

Green stripe appears while playing video in Mozilla Firefox 4

Recently I have started facing this problem while using Mozilla Firefox 4. Whenever I play any video, either on Facebook or on Youtube, a green horizontal stripe appears across the videos. I am unable to rectify what must be causing this problem. Does anyone know what could be the reason behind this appearance of green horizontal stripe while I am playing video? If anyone has got any solution regarding this matter then please help me with your suggestions.

Re: Green stripe appears while playing video in Mozilla Firefox 4

The problem occurred all of a sudden so there is a possibility that the Mozilla Firefox 4 files must have got corrupted. You should check whether your system have got infected with virus, malware, or Trojan. Update your Antivirus and perform complete system scan to detect if virus is present in your system or not. Always make a habit to keep your antivirus updated and scan your system every now and then. This would probably keep your system from further attack from virus.

You should probably uninstall the Mozilla Firefox 4 installed in your system and then try to reinstall it. Download the latest available version of Mozilla Firefox from internet and install it. Please download the setup file from the official website of Mozilla to prevent installation of corrupt file or downloading any other random file instead of the Mozilla Firefox 4 setup. Once you done with the installation perform system restart to bring the changes into affect. Check if the videos are played well now or not.

It was very kind of you guys to reply to my post so quickly. They were really helpful. They worked for first few hours and then again started with the same problem. I scanned my system completely, luckily no virus was found. I even downloaded the latest version of Mozilla Firefox 4 from the Mozilla website and installed it. But it also did not help me in any ways after some time. I tried to view the videos in other browsers like on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, and it is working well in them. The problem is only with the Mozilla Firefox 4 only. I am planning to shift from Mozilla Firefox to Chrome or IE because of this irritating problem. Still, if anyone has got any solution then please help me.

You said the problem is only with the Mozilla Firefox and not the Internet browsers. So probably you must have installed some add-ons in Mozilla which must be causing this trouble to you. Find out which add-on you have added in recent time and uninstall it and check if the problem still exists or not. I would suggest you to update the flash player. Install it from Adobe’s official website, restart your browser and check if still those green horizontal lines are appearing when you are playing videos in Mozilla Firefox 4.

I also faced this problem a while back and after reading many posts I was able to solve it. The solution for this problem is to disable the Hardware acceleration in the Flash. Disabling the hardware acceleration will eliminate all the hardware or driver compatibility issues with the Flash player. You can disable the Hardware acceleration by doing the following:
    • Right click on the screen i.e. the application image when it is playing
    • Select Setting option from the right click menu.
    • Uncheck the “Enable hardware acceleration” checkbox in the Display tab and click close.
    • Restart the browser and check whether the problem exist or not.

As the problem is related to videos it would be better if you update your video driver.