Thread: Google toolbar is not working well with Mozilla Firefox 4

Google toolbar is not working well with Mozilla Firefox 4

Hi, I am using Windows version of Mozilla Firefox in my PC running windows vista. I have been using it from a while now without any trouble until yesterday. I don’t know all of a sudden Mozilla Firefox 4 seems to have started working with lots of problems. The Google toolbar integrated in the Firefox 4 is not working fine. We normally get suggestions in the drop down list when we type something into the text field of the search box, but when you click on the suggestions, nothing happens. It seems to be stuck in the same condition. I am unable to find the solution for it. If anyone have got solution for my problem then please help me with your suggestions.

Re: Google toolbar is not working well with Mozilla Firefox 4

If the Google search toolbar was working perfectly before then there is a high chance that your Mozilla Firefox 4 install files must have got corrupted because of some reason. You should probably try to update the current version of Mozilla Firefox 4 you have installed in your system or should download the latest version of it from the official site of Mozilla to avoid any problems like downloading some random corrupt file or something like that. Uninstalling and Re-installing the Mozilla Firefox 4 in your system is the best solution according to me.

There is a possibility that your computer must have been attacked by some sort of virus or Trojan or malware. You should probably do complete scan of your system and check if your system is being infected by antivirus or not. Always remember to keep your antivirus updated so that your system stays protected from the latest viruses and malwares. If your Mozilla files are being infected by virus then you should uninstall the Mozilla Firefox 4 from your system and reinstall it by using a new setup file. Please download the new setup from the official site of Mozilla.

Thank you everyone, for removing some time and replying to my post. It was very kind of you people, but sorry to say that the solutions did not help me in any ways. First of all I updated my Antivirus and performed complete scan. Luckily no virus or anything infectious was found in my system. That made sure that no files have got corrupted and the problem is something else. I even tried to uninstall Mozilla Firefox 4 from my system and downloaded the latest version available in the official site of Mozilla and installed it. But nothing seems to be helping. Reinstallation of Firefox 4 is also not solving my problem. This thing is seriously annoying me now. Please someone help me getting rid of it.

I also faced this problem a while back and was unable to solve it. The only solution I got was to roll back to the earlier version of Mozilla Firefox, which is Firefox 3.6 unless this problem is solved by the Mozilla team. That’s what I did. But I can also recommend you something else which can help you in some extent, not sure about it. You should perform system restore. System Restore is a process by which the system is rolled back to an earlier saved instance. All d files and changes made after the restoration date is lost when system restore is performed. So it is better to save all your files and make a back up of it, so that if you want to change back to the current state, you can do it without any lose.

If the problem is only with the Google toolbar extension, so I would suggest you to verify the cause of the problem before you perform any action. You can do the verification by disabling the Google toolbar extension and checking if the problem exists or not. There is a high chance that disabling will solve your problem but then the toolbar will not be available for further use. Just try to search result in the Google toolbar and instead of clicking on the suggested result, go to it by using your down key and press enter. It may help you as it has done for me. If this is also not working then for temporary fix I can suggest you to disable the Google toolbar and install Googlebar LIte.