Thread: Internet Chat Forums - Bans & Fines?

Internet Chat Forums - Bans & Fines?

Had a question, here in the USA a friend of mine was on a internet chat forum and was banned because of differing viewpoints on topics.

He signed back on using a different user name and the moderator discovered this and banned him again. The moderator then quoted a portion of the "I agree" disclaimer in which it states that if a banned forum member tries to sign back on using a different user name or e-mail, they agree to a $7,000 reinstatement fee. and the moderator threatened to file a lawsuit against anyone trying to come back after being banned.

Is this possible? Nobody ever reads the agreement or disclaimer page, let alone a $7,000 fee for someone returning to a forum after being banned.

Has anyone ever seen this enforced? Is this even legal for them to do?

This seems absurd to me. I've never heard of this before.

Re: Internet Chat Forums - Bans & Fines?

That is completely wrong buddy. Forums are actually open community where anyone can come and post his own comments. It is obvious moderators bann some users due to their misbehavior or some illegal activities that are against forum rules but there is no FORUM who CHARGES anything to its users if they coming back with different user name after getting bann. They are just making fool, if they are charging you can complain against them.