Thread: IE9 or FF4- which is better?

IE9 or FF4- which is better?

Hello friends. Greetings to all. I got a new personal computer recently from my dad. I also have an internet connection at my place now. Being new in getting acquainted to computers, I just want to figure out which browser should I make use of. I have heard that internet explorer 9 and firefox 4 are the latest ones that are being used . Which one is better ? Please suggest, which should I go for. Thanks in advise for replying back.

Re: IE9 or FF4- which is better?

Hi. Firstly, being new to internet, I would like to tell you that User Interface, the extensions which are available and safety features are the main characteristics that the user looks for when selects the browser. Thus, more importance is paid on the quality as well as speed. While comparing the above 2 browsers that you have mentioned , they go neck to neck in comparison . The loading speed of both the browsers is almost same.

Hi. I wish you had mentioned the OS that you are using. I say that because in case you have windows XP installed, then internet explorer won’t be an option for you as both are not compatible with each other. Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista are the operating systems that support IE9. However, when we come to firefoxthe catch up time of plug in is very long and many of those plug-in need to be installed by default

Barriers at entry point in firefox 4 are comparatively less as compared to Internet Explorer 9, hence more usage of the former is seen in general. However, you should never go by the numbers shown by statscount, as they are meaningless in some sense because page request numbers are given importance in place of counting unique numbers. Thus, from the above posts you must have understood that both the browsers have their specific issues and positives.

Hi. On a personal front, I like using Internet explorer 9. There are many bars in Internet Explorer 9. Firstly, there are maximize, minimize and close parts on the top, then one more bar which provides the front and back buttons. Also, numerous icons are present, viz., reload, stop, home, compatibility etc. Theres lots of space available as everything is on a single line. Thus the whole set up is eye catching. Thus, It is just as smooth as one would like.