Thread: Outlook Express Inbox Emails Have Disappeared After Power Outage

Outlook Express Inbox Emails Have Disappeared After Power Outage

I am using the windows XP on mine system and I have also installed the Microsoft outlook 2007 on mine system. Everything on the system works fine and I don’t have any issue but last night when I working with system, mine system shut down due to the power outage. After that today when I restart and after that I open the outlook and on the inbox mine emails have been deleted. Now I don’t know what to do can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Outlook Express Inbox Emails Have Disappeared After Power Outage

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below: first close the all program and after that go to the start and then make hit on the run. Now under the run type: regedit and then hit ok button. Now on the registry key windows go to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0. Now over here on the right side make double hit on the Compact Check Count and after that make this value as 0. Once you complete this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

Hello thanks for replying and I have tried your suggestion but it doesn’t help me to solve mine issue. I have gone through your all steps and when I try to locate at Compact Check Count, but I didn’t found the Compact Check Count files. I have also tried in the administrator account has well but it doesn’t solve mine issue. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue. Can anyone solve this issue and so that I can solve mine issue. Please help me out from this.

I have same issue on mine system and I am using the windows 7 on mine system. I have small issue while reading the email from the POP3 email accounts and once I completed turn off the system. And after that I have send the email from other system to mine pop3 account. And then I came again and after that I was turn on mine system and after that I have opened the outlook and then on inbox I didn’t found any mail on that. But I was sent the email on mine pop3 account. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

I have same issue on mine system as well and to solve this I have followed the following steps and it has been resolved mine issue. To do this make hit on the start and after that go the search and under that type the folders.dbx and then hit the ok button. Now on the search result make right click on the folders.dbx and after that select the rename. Now rename it has folders.old and then hit the enter. Once you complete the rename restart your outlook 2007 and after that go through your issue.