Thread: POP3 Password Box "Grayed Out" on Outlook 2007

POP3 Password Box "Grayed Out" on Outlook 2007

i have installed the windows XP on mine system and I have also installed the Outlook 2007. From last 2 days I have tried to configure mine Outlook 2007 installation and after that I have tried to retrieve the mail from the POP3 account and under that I try to enter the password on the POP3 Password box but mine POP3 Password box was grayed out and not able to enter the password. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: POP3 Password Box "Grayed Out" on Outlook 2007

I would like to suggest you following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this go to the start and after that make hit on the run. Now under the run program type GPEDIT.MSC and then hit the ok button. After that go to the User Configuration and after that make hit on the Administrative Templates and then hit on the Microsoft Outlook 2007. Now under the Microsoft Outlook 2007 go to the tools and after that make hit on the options. Now under the option go to the Security and under that make sure that you have disabled the Remember Password. After that make hit on the ok and then go through your issue.

I have same issue on mine system and I have followed the below steps and after that mine system was resolved. To do this make stroke on the start and after that click on the run. Now under the run type regedit and then stroke on the ok button. Now under the registry key go to the following location: HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Security and now here search for the DWORD and after that make EnableRememberPwd value as 1 instated of 0. And after that close the registry form and then go through your issue.

Here is the steps to Setting up a POP3 account in Outlook 2007, go through this after that your issue get solved. Unlock the outlook 2007 and under that go to the tools and then make select on the Account Settings. Now under the Account Settings go to the New button and then under that make check on the Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and after that hit the next button. Now on the Auto Account Setup type the all relevant information and after that make check mark on the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box and then hit the next button. After that make hit on the Internet E-mail radio button and now here pop3 password box not grayed and after that you can continue your works.

I would like to suggest you to uninstall and then reinstall the new outlook and so that you can solve your issue. First you need to uninstall the outlook 2007, to do this go to the start orb and after that make hit on the control panel. Now under the control panel go to the add/remove program and after that select your outlook 2007 and then hit on the remove. Once you complete the uninstall then restart your system and after that install the outlook. After that your issue will get solved. I wish this will assist you much.