Thread: Webcam unable to work with Skype (G73JH-T014V)

Webcam unable to work with Skype (G73JH-T014V)

Hello people. It was very heart breaking that my closest childhood friend moved abroad last week to settle down permanently. Hence, to stay in touch with him I bought a new Web Cam. Also, I downloaded the Skype software so that we both can video chat and even talk. But, the problem now is that Skype software is not working with my Web cam. Please tell me what the issue is as I am already missing my friend and need to talk as soon as possible. Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Webcam unable to work with Skype (G73JH-T014V)

It would have been more helpful, had you given the configuration, that would have guided you to a more appropriate direction. I also mean in the sense that is the connection not established at all or it does start and then disconnects. Did you change any settings? It can produce changes and hence may be the problem is occurring. Any ways, it’s better that you try your web cam with life framework, it would give you idea in some way.

Hi dude. It’s really tough when your childhood friend moves away. I hope I am never into this kind of situation. Can’t even imagine it . Anyways, I will suggest to update the drivers of your web cam or can also reinstall it. The reason being that if the correct drivers are installed then surely you should be able to use the web cam with any of the application that you have on your computer. I guess it may solve the worry. Also, Skype is not the only option, you can give a try to you cam to get in touch with your buddy.

Hi. If you need support to get your web cam and Skype working, you can query to Creative. Another way is that you can also look around their forums as I suppose and believe it can be a problem with Creative Software. Also, keep in mind that only 1 application can make use of camera at a particular given time. Also, 1 more method is go to tools option, then go to option and click on video. Now, just check whether right type of the web cam is shown.

Make sure that other recording software’s are closed when you are making use of the camera on skype. Just check on the internet whether there are new updated versions of the camera that you have bought. Also, I would suggest you on a trial and error basis, install directx 9 from the internet. May be you will get your desired result. Also, if still nothing works from all the above posts, may be try out the older version of Skype. In that case, at least something is better than nothing.